What's new

iPhone 5 could be delayed by 1-2 months

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
future-iphone-5.png

iPhone 5 production may start one or two month later than scheduled, IBTimes reports citing analyst Chris Caso from Susquehanna Financial.
"Given past history requiring at least two months of production to build inventory in advance of customer shipments, we believe that would point to delivery to customers no earlier than October/November," Caso explained.

The fifth-generation iPhone production was expected to start in July so that the smartphone could become available in September. Manufacturers have to solve some technical issues and production is more likely to begin in August or September.

The iPhone production volume for Q2 is also expected to drop from 24-26 million units to 18-20 million iPhones, Caso added. Unlike iPhone production estimates, iPad production expectations are optimistic since Caso suggested that Q2 iPad production could reach 11-13 million units, compared to his previous 10-12 million iPad devices estimates.

Speculations have been swirling around iPhone 5 lately. It is suggested that the smartphone could bring an 8MP camera, a SIM built-in design and could be powered by a dual-core processor. The new iPhone 5’s features could also narrow the gap between the smartphone, Macs and iPads, some analysts believe. Steve Jobs will definitely cast some light on these speculations at the WWDC next week.

For more discussions on the iPhone 5, visit our iPhone 5 Forum

By Radu Tyrsina
Source: International Business Times

damn thats the first iphone 4s concept pic i would actually think hell i have to buy this if its really what apple release.. looks very good imo.. 2 days and counting..

The black version of this one will be great. But apple won't release something like this, I'm sure.