What's new

iPhone 5 battery life is horrible.

iRich

Reaction score
My iPhone 4S lasts longer than the iPhone 5.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Mine 5 battery will last all day with me on it for the majority.

Sent from my iPhone using the paid version of Tapatalk

Not getting a bit difference between my 4S's and my 5. The 5 has a slightly longer life than my 4S due to age.

ashleegabriel said:
May be with the amount to applications installed in iPhone 5, it consumes more battery charge then an iPhone 4....

The number of apps you have installed on your device has no bearing on battery life. Apps only consume battery power when in use.

If your not in lte coverage you can turn off lte in settings>general>cellular. This should help. Also disabling push in mail will help as well

We pay so much for the phone and plan, we shouldn't have to fuss w so much stuff to try to save battery life. Sigh...

If it's still new, you might need to do some full cycle charges before you notice a difference in the battery.

Payment for the phone has nothing to do with the battery usage of the phone phone with data capacity or capability since its supposed to constantly fetch data for you so that you can always constantly get a update on your emails your messages and any other notifications that you have on. There are proper measures to take when using a data enabled device, basically manage your data by allowing it to fetch certain things automatically that you want or don't want to. The idea of the smartphone is ultimately have everything at your fingers or at your fingertips automatically, which is the case for data fetching.

Phone hardware a program to do certain things such as drain battery based on the usage. If your brightness is at maximum obviously your battery will drain faster as the brightness of the screen demands more from the battery. If wifi is on 24/7 it'll constantly look for wifi connections when you're not connected to one. Like cell signals, if the strength is weak, it'll push to get a stronger signal, which uses more battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

If your not in lte coverage you can turn off lte in settings>general>cellular. This should help. Also disabling push in mail will help as well

Disabling "push mail" to save battery life is a MYTH. If you use iMessage, ANY notification based services for an app or iCloud for syncing then turning off "push mail" is USELESS and actually will cause more battery drain if you switch to "pull mail".

You would have to turn off ALL of the systems I listed plus a few not listed to save even 2% battery life in a 18 hour usage period.

Please STOP spreading this useless MYTH. It is counter productive to actually helping someone.