What's new

Battery life

How do u do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Background App Referesh - Settings > General > Background App Refresh > turn off for desired app

Location services - Settings > Privacy > Location Services > turn off for desired app

Have a look through the app list in both of those settings and turn off the ones you don't need. This will improve system function as well as battery life.

My battery life went down after the last redesign too. Albeit I am thinking about whether it may be an application or two that I've redesigned as of late. My experience has been that finishing or not stopping applications has no effect one way or the other. At one time it was noted that FB ought to be finished off on the grounds that it does use assets that can result in battery channel, however I don't know whether that is still the case after the few redesigns we've had.

Facebook is still a battery parasite.

Didn't improve to much. Could it just b another bug that iOS would fix when they come up with a new one?

Didn't improve to much. Could it just b another bug that iOS would fix when they come up with a new one?

It doesn't have anything to do with iOS. It's a problem on Facebook's end since their app is always refreshing in the background. That's why I stopped letting it refresh, and y battery life is a lot better.

I am not pointing fingers, but most battery complaints after update revolve around the age of your battery and the calibration needing to be reset. You should give it a week and drain your battery twice .

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Done that and it still is being a pain lol

My battery life went down after the last update as well. Although I am wondering if it might be an app or two that I've updated recently. My experience has been that closing or not closing out apps makes no difference one way or the other. At one time it was noted that FB should be closed out because it does use resources that can cause battery drain, but I don't know if that is still the case after the several updates we've had.

My battery life went down after the last redesign too. Albeit I am thinking about whether it may be an application or two that I've redesigned as of late. My experience has been that finishing or not stopping applications has no effect one way or the other. At one time it was noted that FB ought to be finished off on the grounds that it does use assets that can result in battery channel, however I don't know whether that is still the case after the few redesigns we've had.

Have to say that this is the first time I've ever had one of my posts on a social site plagiarized.....

Having used late model Android devices I must say Apple is lagging waaaay behind in battery life. I switch back and forth between Apple and Android at least once a year. I like both but prefer iOS and am currently using a 5S. The battery life is horrible for advanced as this phone is. Having to shut down Bluetooth, wifi, LTE and background refresh just to get moderate battery life is ridiculous. I could get an entire day out of my S4 on a full charge with heavy use. They need to correct this with the iPhone 6.

Sgt Jiggy from my S5 enohpi... using Tapatalk..... LOL. At least I'm trying.

Last edited:
I've noticed LOTS of my apps needing updating because of one "bug". So far there's been over a dozen apps that the only fix was;

"Bug fix for opting-out of a Demand Response Event on iOS 7.1+ Devices"

Could this be a battery drain for apps that contain the above bug that's NOT been fixed in current installed apps?

With heavy time usage (mostly forums, news, Words With Friends, and some photo work) I start my day at 5:30 am. By 2:30 pm I'm at 20% battery. And I'm on it most of that time. It's an iPhone 5 running iOS 7.1.2. So I get on average about 9 hours or so per charge with heavy use.

Having used late model Android devices I must say Apple is lagging waaaay behind in battery life. I switch back and forth between Apple and Android at least once a year. I like both but prefer iOS and am currently using a 5S. The battery life is horrible for advanced as this phone is. Having to shut down Bluetooth, wifi, LTE and background refresh just to get moderate battery life is ridiculous. I could get an entire day out of my S4 on a full charge with heavy use. They need to correct this with the iPhone 6.

Sgt Jiggy from my S5 enohpi... using Tapatalk..... LOL. At least I'm trying.

Because Apple wants to retain the same form factor while making their device slimmer and slimmer, it's extremely difficult (or impractical) to expand the battery life while increasing quality/aspects while keeping the prices level with history. Apple can theoretically increase the battery life to 3000 mAh, but the price of it would most likely not be the price that we're seeing for every capacity upgrade. But then again, they make more off of accessory licensing, so they'd gladly sell the accessory rights for companies like Mophie to create battery cases without jeopardizing their form factor, so that's a source of extra juice.

For guys (no offense ladies), we generally don't care about bringing a small power bank in a small bag in our pockets to provide more power for our devices, so that's probably something you'd like to invest in. But I agree, they should have slightly better batteries to slightly "compensate" for the lack of a removable battery that 9 out of 10 Android devices have. iOS has great RAM management, but can be pretty dumb when it comes to power management with all these iterations and changes.