What's new

iPhone 4s Charging insanely fast

Psyren317

Reaction score
Anyone else had this issue? My 4s will literally charge from say 1% to 100% in under an hour and a half? Is this normal? My old 3gs never charged this quickly at all.

Also, I'm thinking this problem has something to do with my battery having the life sucked out of it faster than any phone I've ever used. I'm thinking maybe I just have a defective battery in this device seeing as iOS 5.0.1 did nothing for me either.

Although I hav the 4 I have noticed that it would charge a lot faster when hooked strait to a wall outlet vice hooked up to some other medium. I know that doesnt answer your question but I have noticed that.

1. Have to say, timely thread for me. Last night plugged my 4S into wall charger at 9:00, at 62% or so. Checked it at 9:30 and it was 100%. This is faster than it was. BUT, but 100% to 0% life has improved dramatically and is now more than acceptable and closer to what my 4 was.

Usb ports are max 1/2 amp output where as ac outlets using the apple adapter is 1 amp. Ac will always be faster. The theory Ive always had is usb is more of a trickle charge and seems to last longer. Maybe Im just imagining that though.

Sent from my iPhone on Sprints "Slower than dial up" Network

Anyone else had this issue? My 4s will literally charge from say 1% to 100% in under an hour and a half? Is this normal? My old 3gs never charged this quickly at all.

Also, I'm thinking this problem has something to do with my battery having the life sucked out of it faster than any phone I've ever used. I'm thinking maybe I just have a defective battery in this device seeing as iOS 5.0.1 did nothing for me either.

I get the feeling with my iPhone 4 it is more or less the opposite, it seems to me it was charging faster before, I will monitor that a bit more, but it is the feeling I am getting now.

I found this in the Wikipedia article. The red highlight is mine:

Charging forms deposits inside the electrolyte that inhibit ion transport. Over time, the cell's capacity diminishes. The increase in internal resistance reduces the cell's ability to deliver current. This problem is more pronounced in high-current applications. The decrease means that older batteries do not charge as much as new ones (charging time required decreases proportionally).

Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia