What's new

iOS 5.1 & Battery life

Bluering

Reaction score
What is your diagnostic regarding battery life after you have done the upgrade?
It seems to me, my battery life was better before the upgrade; of course, I will have to monitor that a bit more before being totally certain.
Anyone noticed any improvement or deterioration regarding battery life?

Mine has stayed about the same. I haven't noticed much difference and it is still pretty decent.

It seems to me, my battery life was better before the upgrade; of course, I will have to monitor that a bit more before being totally certain.
Still SUCKS!!!

Mine seems to be the same. I keep my display brightness at around 1/3. So, I can keep my battery going pretty much all day, especially if I'm on WiFi.

Mine has not changed, I can do 16 hours of standby with 5 hours of use and still have 30% when I go to bed at night. Have always been pleased with the battery life of my 4s.

HiddenPuppy

for me was good 15% to go

Usage : 6H and 48Min
Standby:1D and 20H

Surprisingly my phone charges way faster and lasts longer. Love it.

SERBDVB said:
for me was good 15% to go

Usage : 6H and 48Min
Standby:1D and 20H

Are you sure about your standby and usage hours? :eek: it's too good to believe man.
My iPhone 4 won't last more than 18hrs!
Do you have wifi on? Play games and browse? What about calls?

Surprisingly my phone charges way faster and lasts longer. Love it.

You are right, it charges faster. I listen to streaming radio at night and very often fall asleep while the streaming goes on and in the morning, I always end up with over 60%, but after the upgrade I was surprised to have the battery flat in the morning. Now it seems to be ok after I have deleted the iCould account.