What's new

iPhone 5 acting weird!

cheryl51

Reaction score
You know how you can view your iPhone 5 screen and spread the image to make it larger? My iPhone does that without me touching it! Sometimes when I pick it up, the images are so large I can't unlock my phone. I've tried using my fingers to make it smaller but it doesn't work. I very seldom use the finger spreading feature but the phone does it on its own. Usually it goes back to normal withing a short time but now it's been this way for hours and I need to use my phone. Help please!

It worked! Thank you very much. Any idea how that happens?

You turned on Assistive Touch. Go to Settings>General>Accessability and scorll down to Assistive touch. Turn it off and make sure triple click home is off.

Okay, I checked, both were already off. Still wondering what caused the screen to go big in the first place. Twice I just picked up the phone and it was already like that. One of those times, it went back to normal on its own after an hour or so. This last time it stayed that way and I couldn't access anything. Thanks for your help though, bear7962.

Some how your screen was touched in a way that mimicked the three finger double tap

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Make sure zoom is off too. This was happening to me as well even though all the other toggles in accessibility were off. Just scrolled down and noticed zoom was on.