What's new

iPhone 4S VS. iPhone 4 Startup Time Test

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

This is a good video to show the power of the iPhone 4S compared to the iPhone 4. In the race for the fastest startup time the iPhone 4S comes in at 27.1 seconds this time while the iPhone 4 lags behind at 50.1 seconds. This test was not as close as the iPod Touch 4th generation test where both device almost started up at the same time. The iPhone 4S is definitely packing a whole load of power and destroys it's predecessor in speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting a little worried now, my iphone 4s started at 28.7 seconds. Maybe I should get an android! jk. So I guess all the commotion by apple that the iphone 4s twice as fast is looking very true.

you also need to take into consideration the iphone 4 took about 10 seconds longer then it should have because it was searching for a sim card. I just did a test using my Verizon iPhone 4 and it took 39.8 seconds to boot to the lockscreen.

I got curious so I also tested my Verizon iPhone 4 and it came in at 35.6 secs from boot to lock screen so hmmmmm

iPhone 4S becomes more and more popular than iPhone 4 now, i have read your video and i found it was a good video which shows the main point of iPhone 4S compared to the iPhone 4. Thank you very much!

thats a huge time difference in the 4S and 4. Not that I ever restart but there are times you need to, I can imagine web browsing and playing games or using apps how much faster they will load as well