What's new

iPhone 4S SMS problem

Mobbsey

Reaction score
Hello,

Recently I've been having problems with one recipient not being able to receive SMS messages from my iPhone 4S. The problem started off being intermittent, but then escalated to the point where none of my texts were getting through. Since I only upgraded to an iPhone in September, I swapped to a micro SIM then, and upon contacting my network (Talkmobile - uses vodafone's coverage), I was advised that a faulty batch of SIMs had been sent out at around that time. So I got a new SIM, and this fixed the issue for a few weeks. However, the problem has now started to reappear again.

The other person does not have an iPhone, nor iMessage, so thankfully any problems associated with that can hopefully be ruled out! On my phone it says that the messages have been sent (in green - as texts), and this problem only affects the one recipient. Of course I had considered that problem could be to do with them, but the fact that the new SIM temporarily fixed it, and also because I am the only person this affects for them too makes me wonder if it is in fact a problem with my handset. The other person's network is EE if that helps.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, and what I can try to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Honestly, 95% of SMS/MMS sending & receiving issues can be solved by swapping the SIM card. Seeing that you've already done this once & it alleviated the problem... I'd suggest trying another new SIM from your wireless provider & go from there.

Thank you for your fast response.

I got a new SIM, however the problem is still prevailing. I've also tried the SIM in another phone which I know to be working, and it's still temperamental. Presumably, I can now rule the iPhone out from being the problem? I know this is probably delving into the world of cellular networks now, but does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thank you once again