What's new

iPhone doesn't send SMS messages properly?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering why my iPhone doesn't send SMS messages properly.

I have an iPhone 4s jailbroken on 6.1.2 and I use BiteSMS and my current SMS count is 10860 (I'm not sure if any of these information could be useful but I think it's best to give more information rather than less).

This is what happens quite often, I send a message and the person I'm sending it to doesn't receive it, less often but still many times the person receives only half a message, while although it's happens seldom the person receives either the whole message or half the message I'm sending and it receives pieces of old messages.

Is there any way to fix this? I've been having these problems for a while, since IOS 5.1.1 so I've restored my iPhone quite a few times, twice on IOS 6.1 and another time to upgrade to IOS 6.1.2.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone that'll help me, I'll really very much appreciate any help that can help me solve this issue. Thanks

John

Mine was doing that when I did the JB. I restored it and redid the JB and it has been fine.

Edit: I was having the issues while using bitesms also.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Mine was doing that when I did the JB. I restored it and redid the JB and it has been fine.

Edit: I was having the issues while using bitesms also.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Should I try stop using BiteSMS? I virtually always use Quick Reply and Quick Compose, could that be the issue? I guess I could find something to substitute BiteSMS' QR/QC although I'd miss the tweak very much, I like how it's all in one so to speak.

Yeah same here. I haven't tried using it again yet. Was gonna try again and I'll let you know if I have the issues again.

iPhoneMommy

Yeah same here. I haven't tried using it again yet. Was gonna try again and I'll let you know if I have the issues again.

iPhoneMommy

Thank you very much, I'll try not to use BiteSMS too and look for some alternatives although I really love the tweak

As of now it's working ok. I'll keep you posted :)

iPhoneMommy

As of now it's working ok. I'll keep you posted :)

iPhoneMommy

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help, today's just happened that I sent 2 message and they didn't receive either, could it be that I have almost 11000 messages? Should I try to delete them? Thanks once again for helping me out, you're really most kind

I haven't had any problems yet. Nor sir e what's happening for you!

<3 Tapatalk <3

I've actually found out that the problem may be theirs! I apologize if I bothered you meaninglessly, do you think it would be better though to delete all messages just in case or it doesn't really matter on iPhone? Thanks once again for your kind help