What's new

iPhone 4S problems after upgrading from ios 5.1.1 Jailbroken to 7.0

JobyWokkers

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday i decided to update my iPhone because I felt it was pretty behind... So why not update it to IOS 7 (like a dummy..). So i did that and i now have IOS 7 but the wifi will only work for about 20 seconds or so and the battery life seems to go down 1% every minute... its horrible... after realising it was doing this i wanted to downgrade it to IOS 6 or similar to try and resolve these problems. (everything was fine before updating), so i go to a website - External Scam/Piracy Link Removed.- chose "iPhone 4S (6.1.3/10B329)" and download it. when i try to restore this by shift clicking restore iPhone in iTunes it starts to do extract the software then, stops on the step after accessing iTunes store, saying - "The iPhone "My iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)... I have been looking for a solution to this, now i think that i have done wrong by updating a jailbroken iPhone... is there anyway i can downgrade from IOS 7 to IOS6 so my wifi and battery life will be back to normal? It's really frustraiting now because i have tried various IOS's (ranging from 5.1 to 6.1.3). Please help, thanks for reading. :)

- Dave (JobyWokkers)

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you have your SHSH blobs saved. If not, please save the blobs before trying to downgrade.

To downgrade always try do it in DFU Mode, not in normal mode.

If you can across any error while restoring through itunes, try restoring in redsn0w.....

I believe you have your SHSH blobs saved. If not, please save the blobs before trying to downgrade.

To downgrade always try do it in DFU Mode, not in normal mode.

If you can across any error while restoring through itunes, try restoring in redsn0w.....

Wrong.

1) You can NEVER downgrade the iPhone 4S because there are no on-board/iTunes exploits that would allow for it, regardless of whether you have blobs or not.

2) iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 has already stopped signing, meaning no SHSH blobs for either can be saved

3) No. When downgrading, your device must be in PWNed DFU mode, which is only available if you have a vulnerability to do so which the 4S does not.

3194 is a host/AV/FW issue.

Remove any Apple hosts from your host file. Delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory as your host file. Then flush your DNS. Make sure iTunes is closed while doing so. Then retry the restoration. If it's giving you issues, use iTunes 11.0.5 to restore.