What's new

iPhone 4s jailbreak HELP!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deano1168

Reaction score
Heres the deal, I bought a 64gb white iPhone from Sprint back in October. When I got the phone i went straight to apple without opening the box yet to get it activated and cases and such. I opened the box infront of an apple employee, and when it turned on it came up with a weird 3d gear shaped logo I'd never seen before and the employee hadnt either. He asked me if I had jailbroke it, and I said, "You literally just watched me open the box for the first time" I made an appointment with apple soon after and they of course gave me the shpeal about how they cant do anything because "I voided the warranty" even though I didnt. And I went to sprint and they said the same thing. The break doesnt go away when restored, and just today I tried to update to ios5.1 and low and behold, it bricked and wont start up. (When it does turn on it eventually turns to a white screen with horizontal black lines going across.) My question to you is either A) Is there a way to get around apples ***Moderation Notice: Please refrain from using obscene language! This is a family forum. Thanks!*** for me getting sold a wack phone. B) If not A, how do I get rid of a bootloaded jailbreak that no ones ever seen?Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Moderation Notice​: This post has been edited by iPF staff in accordance with our Forum Rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of that before, definitely not jailbreak related as restoring would have gotten rid of it. However, now that it won't even start up, Apple should have no problem replacing it.

Thats what I thought as well. But when it does turn on, before it goes to the white screen with the lines, it starts up with the gear logo. which sets them off and gets me nowhere. whatever happened to this thing before I got it must have been legendary because everyone i talked to has never seen it before

P.s. sorry about the language... When this happened I looked for the quickest way to post the problem, and should have read the forum rules. My bad.

I would open up the phone and damage an internal component without making it obvious so that it wouldn't even turn on at all and then take it in.

Or, to be more specific, what would I have to damage inconspicuously for the phone not to turn on at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.