What's new

iphone 4s is a dead brick!!!!!

krypticos

Reaction score
ok so i woke up this morning and my phone was at 32% which is very odd. so i figured i would just charge it at work. so i get to work plug it in and it shows its plugged in but not charging so i mess with it some more and it shows its charging but the battery % keeps going down. so i get home my phone is dead and will not charge. any help would be great all i need is to get my data off of it and ill just take it back to apple and get a new one.

Sounds like your cord could be bad... or the connection @ the bottom port. Are you using the same cord when charging at home & at work?

no at home i have 3 cords and at work i have 1 but i tried 5 or 6 of other peoples and several different computers. i dont think the dock connector is bad because when hooked to the computer it would show that it was plugged in and sometimes it would show it was charging. but like an idiot instead of syncing my phone so i didnt loose anything please watch your language and killed the battery. so now i just want to get it charged enough to get my phones off. because i dont want to loose my wifes photos ;-) so please if anyone has had this on there phone and got it to charge again i just need it for one more charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha... "wife's photos!" ;-) Hopefully someone can chime in herw w/ some useful info for you.

lol yea i could careless about anything else on the phone i mean my plants vs zombies save would be nice but i could careless about that lol. i do have a slight ray of hope. i got my 3gs out and signed in to icloud and i have a 500mb backup from yesterday some how on icloud of my 4s so i hope that my photos are there. i would be very happy. i am going to take my phone to att today and try to swap it out instead of driving to apple store saturday.

just a quick update. i went to apple and they just replaced it. the tech said he couldnt see anything wrong with it. so idk

just a quick update. i went to apple and they just replaced it. the tech said he couldnt see anything wrong with it. so idk

Good to hear that you got it all sorted now :) nothing worse than a broken iPhone i'am having a similar problem with my work 4S i leave it on charge all night i wake up and it has charged but has started going down on it's own even though its still plugged into the wall........

Example:
I put my phone on charge at night before going to sleep and battery is on 13% and i leave it on charge all night the i wake up in the morning and it's at 98% when my alarm goes off i leave it plugged in and go for a shower ect..... and when i come back to it it's still plugged in but the battery say's its now at 90% which is very strange so going to have to take it back to the apple but that's a 2hour drive away THANK YOU APPLE UK :)

Good to hear that you got it all sorted now :) nothing worse than a broken iPhone i'am having a similar problem with my work 4S i leave it on charge all night i wake up and it has charged but has started going down on it's own even though its still plugged into the wall........

Example:
I put my phone on charge at night before going to sleep and battery is on 13% and i leave it on charge all night the i wake up in the morning and it's at 98% when my alarm goes off i leave it plugged in and go for a shower ect..... and when i come back to it it's still plugged in but the battery say's its now at 90% which is very strange so going to have to take it back to the apple but that's a 2hour drive away THANK YOU APPLE UK :)

are you using the factory plug with it or not?

Example:

you must live in the middle of nowhere like a field in god knows where for the apple store to be 2 hours drive, but also if you ring them you can use the post instead and they will have a look at it for you with out having to drive for 2 hours

Unleashed said:
you must live in the middle of nowhere like a field in god knows where for the apple store to be 2 hours drive, but also if you ring them you can use the post instead and they will have a look at it for you with out having to drive for 2 hours

I live in South Carolina and there is only one Apple store IN THE WHOLE STATE.

I live near York and the nearest one's to me are Sheffield, Liverpool or Manchester all at least a 2 hour drive away from me..... I don't know why they don't build a apple shop abit higher up the country than Liverpool.... but that's just me :)