What's new

iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iOS 5 JAILBROKEN! Public Release Coming SOON!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Yesterday MuscleNerd, of the iPhone Dev Team that brings you all of your Jailbreaks, tweeted a screenshot of a Jailbroken iPhone 4S. Now this picture shows Siri running with Cydia in the background. This is great news for us Jailbreakers out there who have been in the dark with our new devices. Jailbreaks has tons of benefits and can be "unjailbroken" with a simple restore if your phone ever needs to be brought in to Apple. This Jailbreak will be for iOS 5 as well as the iPad 2. No word on whether or not this will be a tethered or untethered Jailbreak but we hope for the best. Although this has been done, there is still a lot of work ahead of the Dev Team for public release.

Last edited by a moderator:
noobish ? on my part perhaps but hoping this will also be backward-compatible (i.e. iPhone 4 running OS5)? guess we'll see.

We already have a jailbreak for the iPhone 4 on iOS 5. We're yet to see an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5. I will be very surprised if it's not backwards compatible...

The jailbreak is a userland jailbreak, meaning that the exploit is in the firmware itself, not the bootrom(like the current limera1n exploit is). Because of this, this untethered jailbreak will work on ANY device running iOS5. So as soon as one jailbreak is released, it will be used for all devices(iPhone 3Gs, 4, 4S, iPad, iPad2, etc.)