What's new

iPhone 4s dictation for text not working please help

ScottyDustman said:
You should switch to Verizon. They knew right away when I got transferred past the first operator. I got an apology, even though it seems to be an Apple issue. I've been a Mac user since 1989...and watch all my friends get the iPhone on AT&T. I was a Sprint user way back, and finally left them when they started adding charges and plans to my phone without asking for them...been using Verizon since 2005...and it's been worth the wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon. VERY HAPPY. Make the switch.

Can't agree with you more. Was with Nextel for years. When they merged with Sprint I stayed with Sprint for 3 years dropped calls and all. Sprint always denies knowing anything about any problems with their phones or network. I've had pretty much every carrier and 14 months ago I finally took the plunge to Verizon. From my experience Vzw is head and shoulders above the rest in every category.

Same issue in Portland Oregon on Verizon... I also need it fixed due to "fat fingers."

Due to insomnia I am awake and I thought i would give it a try again....... And it WORKS NOW!!!!! Hope everyone else's works too!!!

This forum saved me a trip to a crowded store. Dictation was up and running Saturday morning.

I just wanted to say thanks to each person who took the time to respond to this thread. This also saved me a trip to a crowed Apple store or wasting my valuable time on hold with tech support. Another idea the next time we have a problem is to get a good interactive thread going on here, then we could decided on a #name and take it to twitter or FB. That will usually get someone's attention over at Apple or Siri, Verizon or AT&T, or whomever is really responsible.

Thanks again to all who took the time to post.

I had the same problem as everyOne else. Mine wasn't working either. Now it is but the word responses to my voice dictation are ridiculous. Anyone having that problem now?

Same prob here except the dots only flash in the mssg box for a few secs. sometimes it works fine and others not at all. I am at the lake with only enough phone service to text, don't know if that would matter as its a hardware thing... I think.

thx for that totally reasonable response {totally in the other direction to which I was looking} g'day

Are you kidding me... I am actually be addressed by my phone as " brother dean" who is in my contact list as such, but I am way better looking than him. lol. Siri can't seem to understand anything I say , or concocts a totally diff. sentence. ahh technology.

try freeing up some memory. when i went to Settings-General-About, i noticed that i only have 250MB of available memory in the phone. I deleted several videos and pics from my photo gallery and now that I have over 2GB available my text dictation is working fine. if you don't want to lose your videos/pics then obviously you need to upload them or email them to your PC, but definitley get them off your phone and free up some space.

Same here,,, Glad I found this thread or else I would break my 4s trying to fix it