What's new

iPhone 4s dictation for text not working please help

rogermurr1 said:
Must be too new of a problem for them to have a fix.

Yeah, clearly it is something happening on Apple's end given that we all have same problem at same time. The dictate function only works with Internet.

Same thing here in Myrtle Beach. Just noticed it being a problem this afternoon. I would call Vzw, but don't feel like holding.

Ditto here in Ohio, was working this morning. Siri still works fine.

Having the same issue in Birmingham Al. It was working fine yesterday.

Sippysippy said:
Today I tried to dictate a text by pressing the microphone picture on the keyboard. The microphone comes on with a beep (as normal), listens to me talk, and then I press "done." The 3 small blinking purple dots appear where you
would type. The problem is, those 3 dots (which normally turn into words after the phone is done "thinking") just
stay there, blinking, indefinitely.

So far I've tried holding down the home bottom and top button together to reset, multiple times. After the phone
resets, I try dictating and the same thing happens (iMessages, emails, doesn't matter).

Any other suggestions?? Thank you!

Same problem in nh

Havin the same issue today in boston ma
Wtf Apple??

Same problem here in Monmouth County NJ. Just got the phone a month ago...and today having problems with speech to text with keyboard showing. No problems with Siri...yet. What gives?

Same problem here in New Jersey, stopped working all of a sudden today, I rely on it as my thumbs and finger are too big for the keyboard they offer, called sprint and they are absolutely useless

I'm having the same problem... Oshkosh wi sprint 3G. WHAT'S GOING ON.

By the way...I'm on the Verizon network...and I'm on hold with them now...so far they havent heard about this problem.

I just got off the phone with Verizon. It's an issue with Apple on the software side. Apple and Verizon is aware of it...there is nothing wrong with your phones. Apple has to tweak some software issue compatibility problem...and all should be working again. No need to take your phones back.

I thought maybe Siri was upset with me making her repeat back somethings I wouldnt say in front of my kids.

You should switch to Verizon. They knew right away when I got transferred past the first operator. I got an apology, even though it seems to be an Apple issue. I've been a Mac user since 1989...and watch all my friends get the iPhone on AT&T. I was a Sprint user way back, and finally left them when they started adding charges and plans to my phone without asking for them...been using Verizon since 2005...and it's been worth the wait for the iPhone to come to Verizon. VERY HAPPY. Make the switch.

Nothing you can do...its an Apple issue...they are fixing it. Verizon said it could take 24 hours