What's new

iPhone 4S Configuration...

konikub

Reaction score
I just got my 4S and did "not" want to activate it just yet. Before I use it and play with my FIRST IPHONE....I want to have a case on it.

However, lol...my question is...can I slide that lock screen where it is telling me to "configure" and play with it "without" activating it? Or will it activate it automagically?

I have an EVO and I am using it to tether my laptop (no internet here at this house - but will in a week when I move back to FLA)...so I'm not entirely sure my iPhone 4S will have the signal I need to use the mobile hotspot.

So long story short is I want wait until I am at my House in FLA before activating it...I'll have GOOD internet through brighthouse and killer wifi...BUT I want to play with my iPhone 4S so dang badly now, lol!!

There is no way to do it, usually with other devices you can "hacktivate" it or jailbreak but there is no such thing for the 4S yet...

Well, I bought it from Apple.com without setting up applecare+ and the only way to get it now is when I activate it. Otherwise I will never be able to get applecare :(