What's new

Hotspot not So Hot?

smudgeyjoe

Reaction score
Prior to getting the iPhone 4S, I had a Sprint HTC EVO Shift. First of all, the iPhone is a million steps up, but I speak of the Shift because when I had it, I was paying to use it as a mobile hotspot. The trouble was that it was very slow. Speed tests usually showed up as .5 MBPS, and using it with my iPad, there were many things that were just too slow, most notably the Slingbox app. I finally canceled it. I am curious if any 4s users have activated their phone as a hotspot, and if so, would like to know their impressions. If the response is positive, I might want to reactivate, though I honestly don't expect to hear glowing praise, not for the phone, but for Sprint's hotspot service. Thanks!!!

I will never pay sprint $30 a month to hotspot my phone. I had an lg Optimus slider before my iPhone 4 and I rooted and wifi tethered it for free. Definitely miss that.

Can't get it to work on my 4S, even talking to an ipad. The signal shows up as a wifi source on other machines, but nothing will connect. Looks like another iphone bug.