What's new

iphone 4s, 3194 error, and host edit not making a difference

alisha1234

Reaction score
Hi first time im on here

I have iphone 4s, bascially updaing to ios9 and crashed so trief to do a restore ut it keeps coming up with error 3194, so followed the host editing process but still fails

can someone suggest what else i can try

thanks

alisha xxx

Welcome t iPhoneForums, alisha!

Error 3194 indicates that you're trying to install the wrong software. The only software you'll be able to install your iPhone is 9.1, because it's the only one signed by Apple right now.

Usually, restoring your device using iTunes downloads the right version automatically, so you don't have to search for it and download it.
If you still prefer doing this manually, make sure you download 9.1 for your 4s.

Hi JA

many thanks for yr response, much appreciated,the one i tried was

iPhone4,1_9.0.1_13A404_Restore.ipsw - shall download the 9.1 and post back onece again thanks

JA
hi hi hi

many thanks i tried yr method and its working after trying everything else, i love u for this, so helpful

may god bless you.

Its all working now except the wifi is greyed out, im happy atleast the fonesd on

many thanks again

Glad to help.

Try resetting network settings in Settings - General - Reset. This will remove every information about Wi-Fi, Bluetooth pairings, ... You'll have to set these up again. Hopefully it will also solve your problem with your Wi-Fi.