What's new

error 1015 and 3194

nursie1987

Reaction score
good afternoon all

the other week my mate gave me her old iphone 2g to try and fix, it is stuck in recovery mode loop, i have tried everything i no and still cant get it out, itunes when doing a normal reboot brings up 1015 error and when i do a reboot with custom firmware it brings up 3194 error i have tried to edit the HOSTS file with the extension for the IP and still nothing so now im stumped if anyone out there can help me i would really appreciate it...

thanks

The iPhone 2g can only use old firmwares. DO NOT modify the host file. If you did. Change it back. The iPhone 2G is nothing like the iPhone 4 in any way............Except that it is made from Apple.

You cannot restore to a custom IPSW withour entering PWNED DFU first. And I think you mean "Restoring" NOT "rebooting" Rebooting means to restart the device normally. Restoring is reinstalling the iOS. You are probably trying to install an iOS that is too new. If ya ask me............an iPhone 3g is not even worth having. Bt any way:

First of all I believ that an iPhone 2G can onl;y go up to iOS 3.1.3. (yeah I know...Way outdated.lol)

Second, since that is all the higher you can go, you do need to modify the host file, and you actually do not have to do anything, but plug in device and click restore. If you have not changed you host file back to normal it will never work. Under no circumstances should you modify your host file. Completely unnecesarry.

But since you are stuck in a recovery loop you should probably enter DFU mode. YouTube it. Easiest thing ever.

I Would plug in device, enter DFU mode, click restore in iTunes, and iTunes will download the latest iOS for your device. Which I believe is 3.1.3.

OR

You can download the IPSW for iPhone 2g iOS 3.1.3 and save it to your desktop

Open iTunes

Enter DFU mode

Hold down shift key while you click the restore button simultaneously

A window will pop up in iTunes.

just click on Desktop in the left pain

Then naviagate to the IPSW and double click on it. This way is faster then letting iTunes download it.

But then again the IPSW has to be pretty small since the iPhone 2g has no where near the functionality as the current devices, so it may not take that long to download.

Hey guys,

I'm an iPhone 3GS user.
My Phone: iPhone 3GS, previously jailbroken AND unlocked on 4.2.1, with the baseband 06.15.00

What happened: I never really had this problem before I think, and I'm jailbroken and unlocked on 4.2.1 since more than a year. Anyway, I was just using whatsapp when my phone suddenly kept working and froze. I thought, ok, this has happened before, just switch on the device again. Did that twice, even killed all apps because I thought whatsapp was the problem. Then the shock: The iTunes logo came up which meant I had to connect my phone to iTunes. I already knew back then it was ****ed.
What I tried then was to recover my phone by updating it to the newest version, fearing that my iPad Baseband 06.15.00 may cause serious problems. iTunes tried to update the software and after a couple of seconds the 3194 ERROR came up. So I thought, ****, let's google this and make my phone work again, as I urgently need it.

To make it short: I basically tried almost everything described in various threads. I tried Tiny Umbrella as well as deleting the gps. files manually under administrator rights so that nothing shows up in the very last lines of the host file. Unsuccessfully tried to turn off Kasersky & Antispyware, as well as the network adapter (I haven't switched off my Belkin USB connector as I need it for internet connection in order to update my phone!) and then restart iTunes. None of this worked.

I don't know if this helps you guys, but here is what is states in Tiny Umbrella:

Device Model: ... - iPhone 3GS
Installed Firmware version: 4.2.1
Installed Baseband Version: 05.15.04-6.4_M3S2

Saved SHSHs for my Phone:
iPhone 3GS 4.1
iPhone 3GS 4.2.1
iPhone 3GS 5.0.1

Now I'm a little confused which combination is currently on my phone: Is it still on 4.2.1? And if yes, why am I then on the new(est) baseband? Is that causing the problem? And how is that solvable?

Note that I cannot use my Phone at all, it's currently in DFU mode.

Error 3194 keeps on coming up and it is sooo annoying! Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, even if you tell me that it's not usable anymore, because then I know to stop searching for answers to my problem...\

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers

Juninho said:
Hey guys,

I'm an iPhone 3GS user.
My Phone: iPhone 3GS, previously jailbroken AND unlocked on 4.2.1, with the baseband 06.15.00

What happened: I never really had this problem before I think, and I'm jailbroken and unlocked on 4.2.1 since more than a year. Anyway, I was just using whatsapp when my phone suddenly kept working and froze. I thought, ok, this has happened before, just switch on the device again. Did that twice, even killed all apps because I thought whatsapp was the problem. Then the shock: The iTunes logo came up which meant I had to connect my phone to iTunes. I already knew back then it was ****ed.
What I tried then was to recover my phone by updating it to the newest version, fearing that my iPad Baseband 06.15.00 may cause serious problems. iTunes tried to update the software and after a couple of seconds the 3194 ERROR came up. So I thought, ****, let's google this and make my phone work again, as I urgently need it.

To make it short: I basically tried almost everything described in various threads. I tried Tiny Umbrella as well as deleting the gps. files manually under administrator rights so that nothing shows up in the very last lines of the host file. Unsuccessfully tried to turn off Kasersky & Antispyware, as well as the network adapter (I haven't switched off my Belkin USB connector as I need it for internet connection in order to update my phone!) and then restart iTunes. None of this worked.

I don't know if this helps you guys, but here is what is states in Tiny Umbrella:

Device Model: ... - iPhone 3GS
Installed Firmware version: 4.2.1
Installed Baseband Version: 05.15.04-6.4_M3S2

Saved SHSHs for my Phone:
iPhone 3GS 4.1
iPhone 3GS 4.2.1
iPhone 3GS 5.0.1

Now I'm a little confused which combination is currently on my phone: Is it still on 4.2.1? And if yes, why am I then on the new(est) baseband? Is that causing the problem? And how is that solvable?

Note that I cannot use my Phone at all, it's currently in DFU mode.

Error 3194 keeps on coming up and it is sooo annoying! Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, even if you tell me that it's not usable anymore, because then I know to stop searching for answers to my problem...\

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers

Create a custom 5..1.1 iPSW with Sn0wbreeze: ih8sn0w.com

You have to download the 5.1.1 iPSW for your device *model*: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=firmware. Save it to your desktop.

Then open Sn0wbreezw, select your 5.1.1 iPSW, and chose "Activate phone(Hactivation)".

Once the iPSW is built, enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB and shift+restore to the new created Sn0wbreeze iPSW located on your desktop.

IREB is located within Sn0wbreeze.

You are just going to have more and more problems if you stay on 4.2.1...but if that is what you really wish to do...then use the 4.2.1 iPSW and make sure to chose iFaith Mode within Sn0wbreeze so that you can select your 4.2.1 SHSH blobs.

Good luck.

zig9449: DANKE, DANKE MANN!

Thank you so much for these precie instructions, it's amazing, it worked perfectly. Now I only have to get to run ultrasn0w and I'm unlocked again (necessary for me).
Just a little remark for everyone who is desperately browsing the internet with the same problems as I experienced: BE PATIENT! I cannot stress this enough. Every timeI thought my phone was stuck, I just had to relax myself and wait. Overall, it took sn0wbreeze more than 30 minutes to recover my phone again (sic.). Therefore, stay cool.

Thanks again zig9449, you literally saved my phone (and me!) :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hello there! I followed every step, and still get the error 3194.. does is still support 5.1.1 til now? thanks

does it have something to do with the host file? thanks