What's new

Iphone 4 wont charge

rob6709

Reaction score
Hi, yesterday my Iphone 4's lock button got stuck in. Took it to the apple shop and got a replacement free of charge. Updated the new iphone 4's firmware to 5.0.1 and jailbroke last night, put it on charge and went to sleep. This morning i got the less than 10% battery warning and the phone would not charge. It's completely dead now. If i plug it in it comes up with the low charge screen but then goes off after a while. I've tried two different plugs and 2 different usb leads and it will not charge. I attempted to do a festroy restore but my laptop cant find it. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Sounds like the charging port is broken and it didn't charge last night.

Jailbreaking the iPhone so early after getting the replacement was a mistake, IMHO. Now, as I understand, you can't take it back to Apple with the JB in place. Good luck, and let us know how this turns out.

Just go into settings and do a reset, that will make the iPhone not go past the loading screen. Then take it back and they'll plug it into their machine and see the port doesn't work.

I would check to see if it is a bad charger or cord. Borrow one known to work and try it on your phone.