What's new

Iphone 4 wifi issue

flogdnaloop

Reaction score
Hello, and firstly please accept my aplogies if i have posted this in wrong place, new to the forum lark but really need an answer to my issue which if i am honest i dont think anyone will be able to help with.

I have a 4g iphone 4 and firstly so you know i am not a novice i also fix about 6 or 7 iphones a week, iphone 4's,3gs, 3g etc, but on my own personal iphone i have a wifi issue, now all the 3g teeth or clips are connecting to metal plate below battery so that isn't issue, it has all the connectors back in, ie, the tiny connector below battery connector, the metal clip that goes under top screw on the wifi emi shield, everything looks fine, but one thing i have noticed whilst fixing someone elses, just above the left connector of the 2 screen connectors there is a tiny piece of metal attached to mobo, but on mine it isn't there, i wonder if that is causing the issue??? i still get wifi but very weak and if i am right next to router it stills comes up -50 or around that area, which means it is nowhere near where it should be, and if i am beyond say 3 or 4 metres away from router i cant pick it up, oh yeh and hello iphone people lol, any help on this would be amazing, and if i can help with anything let me know, have a fair bit of experience with iphones etc etc,I used to work for apple.