What's new

WiFi issues?

WSAD

Reaction score
Is it me or is this phone not near as good as the 3G3? I mean... I have the 3G, 3G3, And now the iPhone4 all sitting next to one another. Both the 3G and 3GS can have no problem finding my wifi service. Yet my iPhone4 can't find it until I get like right on the damn router... It's in a case and even took it out of the case makes no difference. I find it odd because when I first got the phone it could find my wifi with no problem in the same spot I am now.

I'm pretty ticked bout this I mean wtf?

Anyone else notice this?

Yea, mine is just as good if not better. I don't think case or not really changes anything. You may need try a restore or test and make sure it's not your router.

try switch your wifi off on the phone, swith airoplane on, then off and then wifi on again - this might get it going

never had the 3gs but im loving the iphone 4, wifi is working well. maybe its your internet?

First iPhone, but no issues. This sucker acquires wifi at home or in a half dozen coffee shops blazingly fast. Holds signal for great distance too, at least at home. Way faster then any of my laptops.

Having same problem as WSAD, need to be next to router. Two computers and two Itouches work great everywhere in house, not to mention went to lunch and a friends 3gs had wifi but not my Iphone 4. Tryed the airplane mode thing already.

Reset your network settings. You will have to retype your wifi passwords in afterwards...

Is your WIFI router set as being visible or invisible? Mine is set as invisible and I did get some difficulty for the iphone of my son to pick up my wifi.

Both the 3G and 3GS can have no problem finding my wifi service. Yet my iPhone4 can't find it until I get like right on the damn router...

Curious: what iOS version are you using on the iP4? I've read gobs of reports about 4.2 misbehaving with wi-fi.
FYI, I've got a pair of iP4s, and both can suck up a wi-fi signal from quite a distance. Both are version iOS 4.1.

EW

Collision IP address maybe ?
Connect all the 3 devices and check which IPs the router have assigned to them .
2 equal IP numbers are not allowed.
Router DHCP settings are another place to check . (DHCP should be set to enable).