What's new

wifi issue

cardio1

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4 and have a problem with the wifi, i am able to connect to my home wifi providing i stand next to the router, the issue is if i then go into another room i loose the wifi on the phone, this is really annoying and i don't want to be stood next to the router all evening just to surf the net. Please help.

I have an iphone 4 and have a problem with the wifi, i am able to connect to my home wifi providing i stand next to the router, the issue is if i then go into another room i loose the wifi on the phone, this is really annoying and i don't want to be stood next to the router all evening just to surf the net. Please help.

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings?
If that doesn't work, try resetting your router.

I'll try the phone settings, i don't think it's the router as i get full wifi all over the house on my ipad, ipods and laptops.

Might be interference from a case if you have one as well.

it's not the case either, have had that removed and i'm still getting the same proble?????

Have you tried other WiFi routers to see if the problem persists? Try a friend's house or anyplace with public WiFi. If you still have the same problem, it's your phone that's not working properly and if your phone connects easily to other WiFi networks, then the problem lies with your home router.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

And if you re set network settings you lose all the saved wireless connections you have

I think it is a problem with the phone, as i have tried at a friends house and still have the same problem, does anyone know how to resolve this or am i just going to have to put up with it till i can upgrade???

You could have it checked at an Apple store, to see exactly what the problem is. You could then make a decision on what to do.