What's new

Iphone 3gs WIFI problem

TheAube

Reaction score
I recently was given a 3g iphone by one of my friends. He told me that the wifi didnt work, it never has. I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction as to why that is. Having wifi would be great! The phone searches for networks to connect to and doesn't find anything, even if i'm right next to my router.

Thanks!

I recently was given a 3g iphone by one of my friends. He told me that the wifi didnt work, it never has. I was wondering if anyone could point me in a direction as to why that is. Having wifi would be great! The phone searches for networks to connect to and doesn't find anything, even if i'm right next to my router.

Thanks!

There's a little plug (#6) at the top, left corner of the main-board. I know from experience that this tiny little aggravating plug, if ever removed, can easily be destroyed. Though identical to plug #7 (bottom right), which I NEVER have any problems re-plugging, this little bastard (#6) never lines up quite right. As a result, the plugs get deformed by the pressure applied trying to get it to 'snap' in. Have a look at that plug.