What's new

iphone 4 version 4.3.5 tethered jailbread with Gevey sim?

manish1

Reaction score
I have iphone 4 version 4.3.5 tethered jailbread with Gevey sim.

Can I upgrade to any untethered version?

Everytime my phone switches off, I have to boot tethered by attaching it to my computer using redsn0w.

My phone does not show network without Gevey sim.

I am ready to upgrade / downgrade jailbreak whatever.

Please help

I have iphone 4 version 4.3.5 tethered jailbread with Gevey sim.Can I upgrade to any untethered version?Everytime my phone switches off, I have to boot tethered by attaching it to my computer using redsn0w.My phone does not show network without Gevey sim. I am ready to upgrade / downgrade jailbreak whatever.Please help
Yes, you can upgrade to the newest iOS version 5.0.1. However, DO NOT update via iTunes. You'll want to do the Update via redsn0w w/ a custom IPSW and "No BB" option. This will preserve your 04.10.01 Baseband that you're on.

Please also tell me about Gevey sim I am using.
Gevey sim will be supported by ios 5.0.1?

Thank you very much for your response.

Looked into it and found that the Gevey Ultra does not support 5.0 or 5.0.1... only up to 4.3.5. Sorry... :-( With this, you're only option in retaining the Gevey Unlock AND and an Untethered JB is to downgrade to 4.3.3. Do you have SHSH's or "Blobs" saved for 4.3.3?

All you need to do is re-jailbreak useing the new redsn0w. This will get you the unthethered jailbreak and save your baseband for your Gevey sim. Or you could update to 5.0.1 useing a custon IPSW to keep your baseband and unlock but you would have to buy the new Gevey sim that supports 5.0.1.

joel406 said:
All you need to do is re-jailbreak useing the new redsn0w. This will get you the unthethered jailbreak and save your baseband for your Gevey sim. Or you could update to 5.0.1 useing a custon IPSW to keep your baseband and unlock but you would have to buy the new Gevey sim that supports 5.0.1.

Incorrect... redsnOw is a TETHERED ONLY Jailbreak on 4.3.5. The new Gevey Sim is the "Gevey Ultra S" & is only for the 4S.

Uh sorry that is wrong Thonasjtsi.

GEVEY Ultra unlock iPhone 4 iOS 4.0, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.3.1, 4.3, 4.3.2, 4.3.3 baseband 1.59, 2.10, 3.10.1, 4.10.1

There is a Gevey that supports the 5.0.1 and baseband 4.10.x. And it is for the iPhone 4 (A4).

The jailbreak supports unthethered jailbreaking. Dev-Team Blog
Joel... I apologize and stand corrected. The Gevey Ultra does support 5.0 & 5.0.1 w/ a preserved BB of 4.10.01. And redsn0w is Untethered on 5.0+. I was putting 5.0+ in the mix w/ it's 4.11.08 BB in saying that it's not supported by Gevey Ultra. Thank you for correcting me. :)

As far as using redsn0w on 4.3.5... it's a TETHERED JB.

Last edited: