What's new

iPhone 4 updating from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 not 4.3.5. Error after Error

Burbaby

Reaction score
I've searched everywhere and tried everything and I just can't get this to work!

I have been running a jailbroken(using greenpois0n) iPhone 4 on 4.2.1 for quite some time. I recently backed everything up and thought I'd give 4.3.x a try. Since there is currently no untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5 I decided to use 4.3.3. I have tried EVERYTHING to load 4.3.3 onto my iphone. Tiny Umbrellas, Sn0wbreeze custom ISPW. I even used iREB to bypass errors. I can't get past the Error 21 or Error 1600. Then once I even got an error 2005.

I've searched and tried all the 'fixes' and alternate routes I could but I can't get iTunes to load the 4.3.3 ISPW onto my iPhone....

Currently I'm just updating to 4.3.5 and then will try again to pwn my iPhone tomorrow.....

The only thing I can think of is that I can't use the 4.3.3 SHSH blob in Tiny Umbrellas because I haven't actually updated to anything past 4.2.1 even though I have that SHSH blob saved from my Device. That may sound stupid but it's the only other thing I can think of.

Thanks in advance guys!
-Aggravated iPhone owner

Hello Burbaby,

Firstly, welcome to the forums! Let's start with the first errors you are having, 21 and 1600, these errors usually occur when you are not restoring in Pwned-DFU mode. I have found in the past that sometimes iReb can be finicky and it will tell you that you're in Pwned-DFU mode even when you're not. I would suggest using any version of Redsn0w to put your device into Pwned-DFU mode as an alternative.

Also, you mentioned that you were on 4.2.1 but you do have your 4.3.3 SHSH. Have you taken the time to use TinyUmbrella to import the SHSH to your computer? You can do this by going into the advanced tab and checking the box that says "Request SHSH from Cydia" and then hitting "Save SHSH." Make sure you uncheck that box after you've done this otherwise you will have problems saving your SHSH in the future.

After that, you should see your 4.3.3 SHSH in TinyUmbrella under the general tab, if it's not there you won't be able to restore to 4.3.3.

Let me know how you get on!

All I changed was instead of creating an 'Expert' IPSW in Sn0wbreeze, I created a 'Standard' one. I already had the SHSH blobs saved correctly. I put the phone in a PWNED DFU mode using iREB and then used Tiny Umbrellas and 'Shift' + Restored and then instead of the Apple symbol it became a Snowflake as it loaded the custom IPSW. I figured I was on the right track when that happened.

Now I'm running 4.3.3 and I'll be jailbreaking using RedSn0w shortly. So frustrating that I did that today in about 20 mins and I spent 4 hours yesterday running in circles.

Haha yep I noticed that. I still ran redsnow but it finished in about 15 seconds. I should have realized that when the custom IPSW came built in with Cydia. Still a slight beginner here! Thanks for the help!