What's new

Iphone 4 4.3.5 downgrade issues

wakendj

Reaction score
I there! I found I way to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 through customed firmware via snowbreeze. Although I have a huge bug issue . Sometimes the screen goes off without being locked and if iPod is playing , sound stops . I have to press hone button to reopen it and play iPod again. Any ideas??? I would like also to make a clean restore to 4.3.3 without customed snowbreeze firmware and jailbreak it with the latest redsnow which I fully trust. On 4.3.2 had no problems at all.I have saved the shsh blobs through cydia and tiny umbrella but I think that iTunes can't restore to 4.3.3 without a snowbreezed firmware. Any help would be valueable! Thsnks

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If you're restoring a custom firmware you don't use redsn0w at all. You create the custom firmware with sn0wbreeze, use iReb to put it into pwned-DFU mode, start the TinyUmbrella TSS server and then shift+restore the custom firmware in iTunes.

Hi there! Thanks for the reply!After I had to update to 4.3.5 I found a way I googled to downgrade to 4.3.3 changing the hosts file to saurics server and after the iTunes error 1013 I think, I exited the recovery mode using the fix recovery for 4.3. All good I jailbreaked via redsnow rc19. After a few cydia tweaks installed and restored my apps from iTunes , my iPhone from time to time throws a black screen , without locking it. As a result the ipod stops playing music if it is running . When I reopen springboard with the home button the brightness is lower... A huge issue! Any ideas???

After your reply I tried to do a clean restore using the above method. The only bug so far is that black screen. Do you think that a cydia tweak could cause this?

Do you want post first my cydia tweaks I ve installed before that ? That jailbreak me is it as easy as redsnow? Never done that before.. Shall I restore using the same method?? Hosts file, fix recovery etc?

Will try to change the hosts file apple adress to saurics server adress then Shift + restore until you see the 1013 error. Then minimize iTunes and use fix recovery , enter DFu mode as it sais and then you are in 4.3.3. Of course your Shsh blobs of 4.3.3 must be saved in saurics server before all these. I'll try to post the full tutorial link for you later cause I ve saved it in my laptop . Thanks Jmills87 I'll try it tonight!!

4.3.5 updated my baseband to 04.10.01 do you think that is the problem ?? I have now 4.3.3 with the same baseband. What do you think?

Ive jailbreaked through jailbreakme.com! Awesome way!So far I have not this black screen bug... I have only installed only sbsettings and asktocall tweaks from cydia. But I discovered a little problem. I opened imdb.com and gone to desktop mode. In the search there is a dialog to choose the category of searching. Safari lags at this point and doesnt respond. Atomic browser also suffers from this...

wakendj said:
Ive jailbreaked through jailbreakme.com! Awesome way!So far I have not this black screen bug... I have only installed only sbsettings and asktocall tweaks from cydia. But I discovered a little problem. I opened imdb.com and gone to desktop mode. In the search there is a dialog to choose the category of searching. Safari lags at this point and doesnt respond. Atomic browser also suffers from this...

Try hard resetting. Hold the sleep/wake button and the home button until you see a apple logo and let go

If that's the only website you are having an issue on it is more likely an issue with the IMDB website then with your phone. Especially because you said it happens in 2 different browsers.