What's new

iphone 4 unlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxzr2xx

Reaction score
just got word that ultrasn0w is out. so i installed it and now i got tmobile on the iphone 4. thank you very much Dev-team

can anyone explain to a newb how this unlock stuff works. If you are tied to ATT with ur contract, allowing you to get the iphone for a reduced price....how can you then switch over to Tmobile? Are u just creating a new account with Tmobile and keeping ATT. Are you able to run both ATT and Tmobile. Please give me some info. Thanks

its easy. you jailbreak then download a program in cydia called ultrasn0w. ive never used it but you just open and follow the steps its easy.check here for detailed instructions on how to..

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

good luck

I understand technically how to unlock the phone. Im wondering how the subsctiption/service side of things work. Do you cancel ur ATT contract? Get a new Tmobile contract? Both at the same time?

well if you cancel im sure att will hit with a tone of charges that you wont like. so either keep both or cancel it doesent matter.

I guess I dont understand the point of getting both ATT and Tmobile. You cant use both networks simultaneously, correct? You would have to swap sim cards to get on to the individual network. Meaning you couldnt have the phone scanning for both networks and finding with ever one has a better signal. You would just have to swap sim cards.

So the question is....Why would you want to unlock your phone to use with Tmobile? I dont see the point if youre gonna get slapped with cancellation fees and such through ATT and itd be a real hassle to have both networks and be switching between the 2 by swapping sim cards.

So the question is....Why would you want to unlock your phone to use with Tmobile? I dont see the point if youre gonna get slapped with cancellation fees and such through ATT and itd be a real hassle to have both networks and be switching between the 2 by swapping sim cards.

It adds value to the phone. let's say I am a t-mobile customer, but really want an iphone, but don't want to cancel my t-mobile service or use att's service, i would look for an unlocked iphone, and use the t-mobile sim card in it instead of the att one.

Or let's say my att contract expires and I want to use my iphone with another network, i could cancel my account, (which is no longer in contract after it expires) and use the phone with some other network like t-mobile or anything else that uses a sim card.

Also, about the value thing, you can at least $100 by unlocking it.

here's a comparison:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Unlocking it means it can use on any GSM Networks.. like in some other country like isdlouis said it adds value to the phone lets say your a T Mobile person on eBay and want a iPhone but not to cancel your plan to get one, cause you like t Mobile better, then you just buy from someone, or unlock on yourself and put your t Mobile sim in.

i think the best bet is just going sim free instead of having to deal with atee and tee and paying to cancel..etc waiting for new unlock tools every new firmware

Hi, I just completed the jailbreak/unlock procedure and now the iPhone doesn't work anymore. Always Apple logo , like when you reboot it. I was waiting for half an hour or so and still apple logo!? So what to do? Any help appreciated!

okay so i am hearing that there is a battery drain issue happening. Some say its due to the mobile substrate and some say its due to the unlock. Can ne1 shed some light on the matter?

Also if it is the mobile substrate (i have no idea what this is - i got this info from the dev team blog comments), is there a way to avoid it? is it part of the unlock or is it something entirely different? I just need an unlocked iphone 4 to use on tmobile. I do not plan on installing any apps from cydia. Will i still have the battery drain issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.