What's new

iphone 4 ticking noise

geetarspaz

Reaction score
i hear a ticking noise in my iphone* whenever i shake my phone (nothing too rough) but just slightly enough to hear a little tick. if you hold your phone up to your ear like your making a call, then swiftly move it back and fourth, let me know if you hear that too. maybe its the gyro?

(must have good ears ;)
thanks for your help

Last edited:
i hear a ticking noise in my droid whenever i shake my phone (nothing too rough) but just slightly enough to hear a little tick. if you hold your phone up to your ear like your making a call, then swiftly move it back and fourth, let me know if you hear that too. maybe its the gyro?

(must have good ears ;)
thanks for your help

Droid? Nothing rattles in the iPhone (unless faulty)... The gyro is electronic so nothing you can hear.

i meant iphone sorry. (i just had a droid for a year)

yeah its a little super quiet tick whenever shaken.. im under 30 days still not sure what to do.

Last edited:
Hmmm well I can't make mine make a sound.... If it bothers you take it into the apple store test out a few of the demos. I think they would replace it if you wanted.

i hear a ticking noise in my iphone* whenever i shake my phone (nothing too rough) but just slightly enough to hear a little tick. if you hold your phone up to your ear like your making a call, then swiftly move it back and fourth, let me know if you hear that too. maybe its the gyro?

(must have good ears ;)
thanks for your help

I have a new iPhone 4 (that works perfectly) and i hear that tick every time a shake it.
Since it works perfectly and I'm not the only one I hear that tick I suppose that is normal, maybe the Gyroscope