What's new

iPhone 4: Surprised by the meager 'voice action' capability?

Imageman

Reaction score
I just converted form a Droid II to an iPhone 4, and I'm really surprised by the meager 'voice action' capability. Am I missing something? I don't find Google Voice Actions for iPhone anywhere? Is there another choice? - Thanks for your help - IM

On your iPhone, go to
Settings> general> accessibility> voiceOver.
There you will find what you need. To activate the VoiceOver comand, push hold the home button for about 3 to 4 seconds and speak in to perform an already defined task.

Thanks for the help! But a problem; When I turn on voice over, I get the blue box "VoiceOver changes the gesture....." When I press the 'OK' button the voice just says "OK" every time I press the button, then "it" turns off VoiceOver. I'm stuck in this loop?

Thanks for the help! But a problem; When I turn on voice over, I get the blue box "VoiceOver changes the gesture....." When I press the 'OK' button the voice just says "OK" every time I press the button, then "it" turns off VoiceOver. I'm stuck in this loop?

Double tap the OK button. As it indicates, Voice Over will change the way the iPhone gestures act.