What's new

iphone 4 suggestion. please!!!!!

steven5224

Reaction score
So i have the iphone 4 and i dont have any use for it but my dad wants it, but the thing is that he doesnt want to pay the monthly data fee. Is there anyway i can trick AT&T by jailbreaking or unlocking the phone that way they think i dont have the iphone and still use it as a daily phone without them noticing im using the iphone 4. So what should i do? jailbreak it or unlock it or how does this work?

No. There is no way to use cellular data without having a carrier know you are using it (or that it's a smart phone). The only way to use data and not pay for a data plan is to use WiFi. Sorry.

Marilyn

No. There is no way to use cellular data without having a carrier know you are using it (or that it's a smart phone). The only way to use data and not pay for a data plan is to use WiFi. Sorry.

Marilyn

iPod Touch anyone? :D or iPhone Touch?

I don't believe the OP is wanting to use data and NOT pay for it. They want to be able to use the iPhone 4 on AT&T... and not be forced into using a data plan. Either way... the answer is still, no. There is no way to hide a wireless device from your service provider. Regardless if your Jailbreak or Unlock (two different things, btw) AT&T will still know you're using an iPhone (or any smartphone that requires a data plan for that matter) and automatically enroll you in a data plan.