What's new

iPhone 4 SHSH transfer.. Will they still work on a different PC?

chantelle310

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not quite sure if this is bit of a daft question or not but ill ask away anyway.
I'm selling my iPhone 4.. It's jailbroken on 5.0.1 untethered. The thing I was wondering was if I was to completely factory reset my phone and erase it of all data COULD I then pass on the SHSH blobs I have saved to my PC to whoever buys it and they could use them again on a PC of their own to downgrade and build a custom firmware and all that malarkey if they wanted to?

If possible what's the best way to go about it? Put them on disk/USB drive or would they be ok to transfer in an email?

There is no need to give them to the buying all they need is to download tiny umbrella then they can save the blobs on there computer.

There is no need to give them to the buying all they need is to download tiny umbrella then they can save the blobs on there computer.

I meant all the blobs I have from previous IOS. I know many people would wanna go back to an iOS so old but they may come in handy for somebody who wants to. Also when I restore my phone ill be forced to run iOS 6.0.1 yes? Whomever buy may want to run an untethered jailbreak and therefor use my blobs I have saved for 5.0.1

I meant all the blobs I have from previous IOS. I know many people would wanna go back to an iOS so old but they may come in handy for somebody who wants to. Also when I restore my phone ill be forced to run iOS 6.0.1 yes? Whomever buy may want to run an untethered jailbreak and therefor use my blobs I have saved for 5.0.1
Cydia's servers automatically save SHSH's for your specific iDevice. Any and all iOS version SHSH's that show atop your Cydia home page will be downloadable by who ever you pass your phone along to. No need to save anything from your computer and send it along w/ the iPhone. And yes, when you restore via iTunes... iOS 6.0.1 will be your only option.

Cydia's servers automatically save SHSH's for your specific iDevice. Any and all iOS version SHSH's that show atop your Cydia home page will be downloadable by who ever you pass your phone along to. No need to save anything from your computer and send it along w/ the iPhone. And yes, when you restore via iTunes... iOS 6.0.1 will be your only option.

Ahh this is where the confusion came from then with me I thought you had to keep your copy of blob and you couldn't get them back once they was lost. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Helpful as always.

Ahh this is where the confusion came from then with me I thought you had to keep your copy of blob and you couldn't get them back once they was lost. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Helpful as always.

To simplify, anything that's on Cydia's servers stays there unless it's deleted. Blobs are unique to your device, so it doesn't matter what PC you use, where you use it, in space on a PC or in a dessert with a Mac, it'll still work as long as the blobs match the iDevice.