What's new

Iphone 4 screen issue

cgrein

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a frustrating situation here. I have an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen. Everything functions fine, just cracked. I replaced the screen, phone won't turn on...completely dead. I hook the old screen back up, it turns on and functions fine. I hooked the new screen up to another iPhone, phone turns on and everything functions fine. Hook it back up to the original phone, nothing still. Any ideas?

I'd check the other components of the device. If its working on other devices but not one specific device assuming its compatible with all of them, then it's a device specific problem.

Even I replaced my screen 3 months back spending around $300 including the repair charges and now it's fully dead. The touch sensitivity started going down at the top left corner of the screen and gradually it spread to all across the front screen. :(

I guess I will post here since my question is about screens. I don't know what I sat on my Apple Iphone 4 but there is a weird tint or discoloration in one section of the screen. I cannot figure what I did. It is really annoying. You can't see it in darkness but when light hits it you can see a little circle in the corner. It's kind of an orange color.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will post here since my question is about screens. I don't know what I sat on my Apple Iphone 4 but there is a weird tint or discoloration in one section of the screen. I cannot figure what I did. It is really annoying. You can't see it in darkness but when light hits it you can see a little circle in the corner. It's kind of an orange color.

I haven't seen that before, but the description sounds like some sort of pressure damage to the screen i.e. you or someone sat on it, or something hard pressed against that corner of the screen. Either way, there's no easy fix; you may have to get he screen changed if it bothers you.