What's new

iPhone 4 Screen White-Out

marksman456

Reaction score
I dropped my iPhone 4 and now the screen is completely white. The glass didn't crack. The phone will ring, but I can't answer it because I don't have access to the phone app, or any of the apps for that matter. Holding down the power button does not turn the phone off (presumably because I can't see the arrow to slide it across the screen). I did a restore in iTunes, and the screen still remains white. Does this mean that the LCD is damaged and needs to be replaced. Any other ideas and/or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's safe to say that you've damaged the LCD. Just don't buy a cheapo knockoff screen to replace it with. If you're paying less than $75 for a replacement screen.... you're buying junk.

Thanks for the reply, but I did not have to replace the lcd. Since the 'white screen of death' occurred, in my case, after the phone was dropped, it turns out that one of the lcd ribbons inside the phone had become dislodged. I opened up the phone (did not know about the pentalobe screws- made it more difficult than it needed to be) and snapped the ribbon back in place. Then, holding down the power button on top and the sleep/wake button in front at the same time for 15-20 sec caused the screen to go black and then the apple logo appeared. My screen saver and apps then appeared, and I'm now back in business. I hope this helps anyone else who might have a similar problem.