What's new

Iphone 4 problem

Petty

Reaction score
Hi
How could we specify simlock at iphone 4? I have bought iphone 4 in Usa at the apple store. But in my home country (Germany) i couldn't use it. Although i have my normal simcard with some special equipment cut it into micro simcart.And i think it works.But im not sure 100%.
With new micro simcard i could type my sim password and then when i connect in to the computer itunes doesnt recognize. And i dont have normal iphone screen.
Could it be because of simlock? Or Is there anyway to detect what kind of problem that cause this?

Thank u.

All iPhones sold in USA is carrier locked to AT&T, to be able to use it with a different carrier you need to jailbreak it and install Ultrasn0w to unlock it. But your iOS has to be 4.0 or 4.0.1 to do that. If it is 4.0.2 or 4.1 you will need to wait for the new jailbreak to come out.

All iPhones sold in USA is carrier locked to AT&T, to be able to use it with a different carrier you need to jailbreak it and install Ultrasn0w to unlock it. But your iOS has to be 4.0 or 4.0.1 to do that. If it is 4.0.2 or 4.1 you will need to wait for the new jailbreak to come out.
Thanks a lot
How can we specify IOS version. In my phone i can only call emergency calls and i can see my IMEI, ICCID numbers.
For those softwares where can i download them? Or do you have links?

1.) If you have not active your iPhone 4 with at&t, than you have to wait for new jailbreak release.

2.) If you can pass the "emergency calls" go to "setting" - "General" - "About" than you will see the Version. (ex. 4.0.1 (8A306))

Thanks a lot
How can we specify IOS version. In my phone i can only call emergency calls and i can see my IMEI, ICCID numbers.

If you still have the emergency screen try to get a phonebook sim to pass it. Then jail break and unlock over wifi if it was 4.0 or 4.0.1

Thanks a lot

If you still have the emergency screen try to get a phonebook sim to pass it. Then jail break and unlock over wifi if it was 4.0 or 4.0.1

I tried with my at&t card from USA now that doesnt work in my home country. But i able to start it.Now i can see the menus.
Unluckily i have
Code:
version 4.1 (8B117) 
Network system AT&T 8.0
Modem Firmware 02.10.04
Ok. Do we have opportunity to downgrade it?

I tried with my at&t card from USA now that doesnt work in my home country. But i able to start it.Now i can see the menus.
Unluckily i have
Code:
version 4.1 (8B117) 
Network system AT&T 8.0
Modem Firmware 02.10.04

I think it would be a good idea to wait for the new jailbreak, because its almost here just few more days i guess.

Unluckily i have
Code:
version 4.1 (8B117) 
Network system AT&T 8.0
Modem Firmware 02.10.04

I think it would be a good idea to wait for the new jailbreak, because its almost here just few more days i guess.
Hi again
Can u guys please inform me when the new Jailbreak for Iphone 4 4.1 announced ?
Im waiting for it.
Thanks

Switzerland sells the iPhone without SIM-Lock 4.
Yea, but what am i going to do with this crap? Next time definitively i buy.
Look at this map here.
iphone-prices.jpg

Hi
I just caught this video. What kind of app are they using at the end? Its like a command line app.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoX1Q8ym2J8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Hi again
i think i did jailbreak but for sim unlock do i have to wait for a while?
Thanks

Hi again
Thanks

Yes the new unlock is not out there yet but I think it should be out soon
Can u give an approximately time such as months weeks? Its so disappointing im waiting for a month :(
Thanks.

You will have to wait till November or begenning of December!!!

Dev team said that they gonna wait till the next update (4.2) to release a new unlock!!!

sorry mate!!!

Hi again
Thanks

Yes the new unlock is not out there yet but I think it should be out soon
Can u give an approximately time such as months weeks? Its so disappointing im waiting for a month :(
Thanks.

It is finally out there. But please make sure you follow the instructions because it is little tricky. Check out the Dev Team blog