What's new

iPhone 4 with no GSM signal but fully working 3G

hoo

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have the weirdest issue ever, since Friday my iPhone 4 which is on 5.0.1 version show no GSM bars but have the 3G connection fully working. All that shows is _ _ _ _ _ TIM 3G. I have already tried reseting the Network data settings, and doing some tricks posted on foruns, no help.

Wi-fi is working well, I already did a Simcard check with no luck, my Simcard works well on a friend's iPhone but his simcard wouldn't work on mine.

Any ideas about what can be causing my problem?!

Thanks in advanced,

Hoo!

Hi guys!

I have the weirdest issue ever, since Friday my iPhone 4 which is on 5.0.1 version show no GSM bars but have the 3G connection fully working. All that shows is _ _ _ _ _ TIM 3G. I have already tried reseting the Network data settings, and doing some tricks posted on foruns, no help.

Wi-fi is working well, I already did a Simcard check with no luck, my Simcard works well on a friend's iPhone but his simcard wouldn't work on mine.

Any ideas about what can be causing my problem?!

Thanks in advanced,

Hoo!

Hi Hoo!

were you able to get rid of this problem?

please suggest me the way out

Thanks in advance.

Have you done a fresh restore as new device?
Maybe a carrier setting update is needed to be done?
I know back when I had the iPhone 3G if there was a carrier update, when I plugged it to the computer and opened iTunes it would let me know that carrier data update was available.