What's new

iPhone 4 post JB - SSH Problems

SilverInfinity

Reaction score
Hi All,

I don't know if anyone else has had any problems, but SSHing to my iPhone doesn't work at all :(

I have reinstalled SBsettings and OpenSSH, even tried with one application installed but WinSCP just times out :(

Anyone got any ideas of other troubleshooting I can do?

Thanks to all in advance!

S00

Well here we go. Perhaps if we knew what SSH stood for, we might could be of help. That is one thing I have found wrong with forums, people use these codes and over half of us do not know what is going on.

Sorry I am trying to use PuTTy & WinSCP to login to my iPhone via WIFI + SSH to change audio files for SMS alerts etc. Also to change my WIFI login password.

No idea what SSH stands for, I have used it on my old iPod touch but doesn't want to work on iPhone 4.

Everytime I try and do this the connection hangs and/or times out :(

these are just some basics:
  • Do you have an updated version of winscp?
  • Is OpenSSH installed correctly?
  • Is OpenSSH's toggle turned on? (if you are using sbsettings)
  • are your phone and laptop both on the same wifi network?
  • Is your phones IP address set as username?
  • If you havent changed it username should be root, password should be alpine

Attachments

• $SSH.jpg
    $SSH.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 474
I had the same problem. Found this and it fixed the timeout issue right away:

Delete this files: (I used iFile
/ System / Library / LaunchDaemons / com.ikey.bbot.plist
/ Bin / poc-bbot

Reinstall OpenSSH

Technical Information (Analysis)
Worm:iPhoneOS/Ikee.C is a worm that uses the default root password in SSH in order to spread among jail-broken iPhones. The worm also changes the affected machine's background image.
Installation
When run on an iPhone, this worm takes the following actions:

1. Attempts to set a file lock at /var/lock/bbot.lock in order to verify that only one copy of the worm runs at a time.
2. Attempts to copy the file /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg
3. Removes the /usr/sbin/sshd directory and stops the SSH daemon.
4. Attempts to spread using several hard-coded IP ranges.

When the worm infects a remote host, it does so by copying /bin/poc-bbot, /bin/sshpass and /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg from the local system to the remote system. It also copies /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobil/Library/LockBackground.jpg on the remote system.

The file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist is also copied to the remote system and the following command is run:
"launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist"

This command is used to load the worm remotely, and to add it to startup on reboot on the remote machine.

The worm then remotely stops the SSH daemon and deletes the automatic start on reboot option for the SSH service.

I had the same problem. Found this and it fixed the timeout issue right away:

Delete this files: (I used iFile
/ System / Library / LaunchDaemons / com.ikey.bbot.plist
/ Bin / poc-bbot

Reinstall OpenSSH

Technical Information (Analysis)
Worm:iPhoneOS/Ikee.C is a worm that uses the default root password in SSH in order to spread among jail-broken iPhones. The worm also changes the affected machine's background image.
Installation
When run on an iPhone, this worm takes the following actions:

1. Attempts to set a file lock at /var/lock/bbot.lock in order to verify that only one copy of the worm runs at a time.
2. Attempts to copy the file /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg
3. Removes the /usr/sbin/sshd directory and stops the SSH daemon.
4. Attempts to spread using several hard-coded IP ranges.

When the worm infects a remote host, it does so by copying /bin/poc-bbot, /bin/sshpass and /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg from the local system to the remote system. It also copies /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg to /var/mobil/Library/LockBackground.jpg on the remote system.

The file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist is also copied to the remote system and the following command is run:
"launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist"

This command is used to load the worm remotely, and to add it to startup on reboot on the remote machine.

The worm then remotely stops the SSH daemon and deletes the automatic start on reboot option for the SSH service.

Follow the guide and delete the two file, it's work!!! Btw, pro, you're genius, how do you get to know this worm?? willing to share?

anyone else have to reinstall OPENSSH from time to time?

mine occassionally is not in my SBSettings and i have to re-install