What's new

Iphone 4 pincode question

virro

Reaction score
Hey guys! i just recieved my new white Iphone 4 and i´m loving it!
However i do have a little concern:

When i turn my phone on, i am asked to type in my pincode, i can chose to unlock it by typing it in, or i can just press "Ok" if i press Ok i gain acces to my phone like there was no pincode on it. I know that it cannot make calls and such, but it still kinda sucks that if stolen, people can read my mails and texts without having to worry about the pincode.
Is there a way for me to totally lock my phone upon powering it on, and only allowing acces to the phone when typing the correct pincode?

I hope i made myself clear and I will ofc answer if you have questions :D

Thanks in advance!

Based on my understanding of your post, yes you can create a passcode for your iPhone if you look into the Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock of the phone :) I hope I got that right! Might I suggest that you can get a certain app called iProtect that lets you put passcodes for your messages and other parts of your iPhone, exclusively :) But that's only available for jailbroken iPhones, though..

It was my understanding that the passcode feature is the one that locks your phone everytime you put it on "standby" or whatever its called. When you have to slide to unlock i mean.
Meeh, i´m a little hesitant with the whole jailbreak thing to be quite honest, I guess I dont fully understand what it will give me, and what the risks are :p

Oh I see, well it'll really lock itself if you've set a passcode for your iPhone after standby mode. That is, if you've set it to lock after 1min and above. And another way to lock it is by pressing the sleep/wake button and not typing in your passcode. But you can always remove the passcode if you just want to slide the phone to unlock it :)

Same here, I am currently in no favor of jailbreaking my iPhone :D Even if some of the benefits are quite tempting, I'm still afraid it would ruin my warranty or the overall speed of my phone. I'll just wait until the warranty ends or something, then I might think about jailbreaking :p

virro said:
Hey guys! i just recieved my new white Iphone 4 and i´m loving it!
However i do have a little concern:

When i turn my phone on, i am asked to type in my pincode, i can chose to unlock it by typing it in, or i can just press "Ok" if i press Ok i gain acces to my phone like there was no pincode on it. I know that it cannot make calls and such, but it still kinda sucks that if stolen, people can read my mails and texts without having to worry about the pincode.
Is there a way for me to totally lock my phone upon powering it on, and only allowing acces to the phone when typing the correct pincode?

I hope i made myself clear and I will ofc answer if you have questions :D

Thanks in advance!

Hi does anyone have any idea how to unlock an iPhone 4 on three network??

virro said:
Hi does anyone have any idea how to unlock an iPhone 4 on three network??

What do you mean 'on three network'? Perhaps to make unlock your iPhone and make it available for use on any kind of sim card?

heartbeat said:
What do you mean 'on three network'? Perhaps to make unlock your iPhone and make it available for use on any kind of sim card?

That's right I would like to unlock the iPhone and use any sim card

Ahh, you'll have to use a Gevey Sim so you can unlock your iPhone for use with any sim card :)

Yes, it works on any kind of iPhone because it's a sim card. I have friends with Singaporean, American and Canadian IP4's and they all used Gevey Sim to unlock their iPhones and make them open line to all networks :)

heartbeat said:
Yes, it works on any kind of iPhone because it's a sim card. I have friends with Singaporean, American and Canadian IP4's and they all used Gevey Sim to unlock their iPhones and make them open line to all networks :)

Last question will it also work on version 4.3.3

Contact 3 for the unlock code.

02 charge £15 so expect the same'ish from 3.

It was my understanding that the passcode feature is the one that locks your phone everytime you put it on "standby" or whatever its called. When you have to slide to unlock i mean.
Meeh, i´m a little hesitant with the whole jailbreak thing to be quite honest, I guess I dont fully understand what it will give me, and what the risks are :p
You do not need to jailbreak before set a passcode on your phone.