What's new

problems with twitter - iphone 4

fairus

Reaction score
i have an iphone 4 ios 5.1 . my friend log his twitter acc on my iphone yesterday .
then , when i've deleted his twitter acc from my iphone , i can still receive notifications from those who mentioned his name .

i've already deleted his twitter acc . please give me the solution :((

You mean you signed out of his Twitter account, or did you literally delete it?

If you've already signed his name out, and re-signed in with yours, I would do a hard reset (hold the home button and the sleep/wake button down until the phone powers down and the silver apple reappears).

If that doesn't help, delete the app and reinstall it.
If he logged in through Safari, make sure you actually signed him out, and make sure he isn't signed in through a Twitter app you have on your phone.

On your iPhone, go to settings> twitter/ tap on the accounts you see there and delete those accounts. Now open the twitter app from your home screen, sign in your twitter from there.

he sign in his twitter acc through my twitter app that already exist in my iphone since i bought it.
i've checked in SAFARI . he doesn't sign in his twitter acc from safari .
from setting in my iphone. i've check if there's his acc still available in my twitter setting. there's only my acc in there.
and i do delete the twitter app and reinstall it . the same promblems does not settle yet .

sorry for my bad english .

this is my problem with not having an app like advanced task killer for ip4, even if I log out of facebook/twitter (app or site) I stil get notifications about it. Yes I know I can turn them off but during the day I wouldn't mind "so-and-so likes your status" but when it's 11pm it gets annoying; wish there was a toggle switch for just turning off all notifications or scheduling it through the phone somehow; for now I'm usin airplane mode when I sleep but thats kind of a whack solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Voidchaser said:
this is my problem with not having an app like advanced task killer for ip4, even if I log out of facebook/twitter (app or site) I stil get notifications about it. Yes I know I can turn them off but during the day I wouldn't mind "so-and-so likes your status" but when it's 11pm it gets annoying; wish there was a toggle switch for just turning off all notifications or scheduling it through the phone somehow; for now I'm usin airplane mode when I sleep but thats kind of a whack solution
@kidmanmakino

There is a switch on the top left side of the phone for turning the sound off for notifications

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I said before in a previous post yes I know the silence switch , this doesn't keep the phone from lighting up when I get notifications--the switch mutes the sound while not muting the alarm which is good. The charger I have mounts it faceup, it's like a clock stereo, so the only advice I get is "put it face down." Just seems a little ridiculous that some pretty basic widgets and toggle switches can't be found in Apple market; guess I'm just lookin for the best of both worlds.

Without jailbreaking there is no way to stop the screen from turning on, even then I'm not sure if there is a tweak to stop the screen from coming on.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

so guys , is there any way to stop the notifications that are already deleted acc ?