What's new

Iphone 4 or 4s

tjb90291

Reaction score
Hey all my wife and I are going this weekend to get her an Iphone shes torn between the 4/4s any comments on which would be a more worthwhile investment?

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

The 4S is an all around more capable iPhone than the 4. While asthetically it appears the same... it has a higher resolution rear facing camera, faster processor, Siri, etc.

Get iPhone 4S if you really have to have an iphone. Apple don't care about the iPhone 4 users anymore and are forgetting about the device. Although you could prob get better phones from other manufacturers.

Get iPhone 4S if you really have to have an iphone. Apple don't care about the iPhone 4 users anymore and are forgetting about the device. Although you could prob get better phones from other manufacturers.
Very interesting response from a seasoned iPF member.... However, I must disagree with your statement that Apple "doesn't care about the iPhone 4 users...." If Apple was "forgetting about the device...." they would not have made iOS 6 available for it. Nor would they have made it available for the 3GS users. So, saying that Apple is forgetting about previous iPhone model users is, well, obsurd.

Thomasjtsi said:
Very interesting response from a seasoned iPF member.... However, I must disagree with your statement that Apple "doesn't care about the iPhone 4 users...." If Apple was "forgetting about the device...." they would not have made iOS 6 available for it. Nor would they have made it available for the 3GS users. So, saying that Apple is forgetting about previous iPhone model users is, well, obsurd.

Maybe I might be missing something then. But what new features does ios6 bring to the iPhone 4 that are worth mentioning

While they may seem miniscule to some... Do Not Disturb, Message in Reply to an Ignored Call, full Facebook & Twitter integration, settings that allow user to not have to enter their iTunes passord whent they're udpating or downloading a free app, etc. There are updates... just not those that are significat as Turn by Turn directions or added Siri functionality.

Thomasjtsi said:
While they may seem miniscule to some... Do Not Disturb, Message in Reply to an Ignored Call, full Facebook & Twitter integration, settings that allow user to not have to enter their iTunes passord whent they're udpating or downloading a free app, etc. There are updates... just not those that are significat as Turn by Turn directions or added Siri functionality.

I rest my case.

So, are you saying that Apple should add Siri and Turn by Turn navigation support to the iPhone 4.... even though it will most likely overwork it's underclocked A4 processor?

Thomasjtsi said:
So, are you saying that Apple should add Siri and Turn by Turn navigation support to the iPhone 4.... even though it will most likely overwork it's underclocked A4 processor?

It wouldn't overwork the processor. The iPhone 4 is more than capable of running Siri and turn by turn navigation. It is also capable of the 3d maps.

Nokia has had turn by turn navigation for years even with phones as powerful as the first iPhone.

Also Siri was originally designed for the iPhone 4.

Last edited:
Thomasjtsi said:
Then I guess it's time for us all to move on to Nokia then. :)

I ain't saying move to Nokia as windows phone isn't any good. But Nokia prove that the iPhone is capable of it.

Seriously... I'm not trying to be the devils advocate here... but how does a Nokia, Samsung or HTC phone doing something PROVE that an iPhone can do it?!?

Cos if it is less powerful then it would not overwork the iPhone 4

Good thing about all this is... I've sold my iP4 and moved onto an iP5. Since, of course, Apple isn't supporting the iP4 any longer.