What's new

Restoring data from 4s to 4

Massiphone

Reaction score
hi

i own an iphone 4 and have been using a 4s for a short while. i would like to go back to my 4 but i need to transfer all the contacts and massages back from 4s since i need them for my job.
i have a problem transfering it for some reason. there is no difference if i use a backup from computer or from the icloud.

am i missing something?
any ideas or help would be very welcome

regards M

Welcome to iPhoneForums!

What's the software installed on your 4s? If it's an iOS that can't be installed on the 4, you can't use the backup on the iPhone 4.

Which iOS version is on each iPhone? The newest iOS version for the iPhone 4 is iOS 7.1.2 and for the iPhone 4S it is iOS 9.3.5. If your iPhone 4S is on iOS 9.3.5, a backup of it won't install on your iPhone 4. You can't restore from a backup that was made on a device with a newer iOS version than the one on the device you're trying to restore.

Do you still have the backup of your iPhone 4? If so, you can restore your iPhone 4 from that backup.

No i don't have backup for Iphone4. Iphone 4S have IOS 9.3.5, 4 have IOS 7.1.2

I'm afraid that in that case you're going to have to set up the iPhone 4 as a new iphone. Contacts can create transferred from iCloud. You may not be able to transfer your message history to the iphone 4.