What's new

iPhone 4 officially Unlocked From Planetbeing

thats very nice of them, im sure they got tone of donations, i would also donate if i will ever use the tool. unlock well never maybe jb... buying apps from cydia? whats the point of that i might as well get the apps from app store or rock.. i bet less ppl will use it that you have to buy everything

will my phone still be unlocked if I restore the phone(not jailbroken)?

thats buying apps from cydia? whats the point of that i might as well get the apps from app store or rock.. i bet less ppl will use it that you have to buy everything
i agree

will my phone still be unlocked if I restore the phone(not jailbroken)?

dev team and other ppl who release jb tools would like the jailbreak number as high as possible to twist apples arm into not limiting the iphone so they say those who need unlock must jailbreak. you used to not have to but now you do in order to get sn0w from cydia whatever its called ultrasn0w

I attempted to unlock today. did the jailbreakme.com thing all ok.... next download the ultrasnow..... all fine until I had to reboot the phone. It wouldn't get past the black screen with the apple logo. Scared the crap out of me after 20min waiting. was some how able to restore function after trying to press all the available buttons in different combinations =S

might give it another try next week before my holiday =s

if you get in that situation try hold power and home until it powers off then turn it on, it might of worked. or hold them both for around 15 seconds it will take the phone to dfu mode and you can restore

one more question.

if it all works fine and everything, when i put in the different sim do i still need to sync it with itunes to activate it?

No it needs to be activated first u need to have original sim inserted then plug I to iTunes then it will automatically activate it then jailbreak it and then install the unlock if your on tmobile after unlock you must go to settings then network settings and turn off 3G or it won't work.

so after I have jailbreak and then unlocked, when I insert new sim, I wont need to sync it with itunes to be able to use it right?

so after I have jailbreak and then unlocked, when I insert new sim, I wont need to sync it with itunes to be able to use it right?

no thats what ultrasn0w does for you. only if you want to sync music/music you need to put itunes, and even then there are itunes alternatives

Which countries can you buy factory unlocked iphones?

greece and uk,canada are three of them, not sure about others

oh yes italy has them also. or if you go to play.com i think it is but hey charge a lot i think

Last edited: