What's new

iphone 4 no signal

lowrider69

Reaction score
hi guys i just seen a iphone 4 for sale on ebay it says "locked to vodadone UK but currently doesn't work as a phone as it is not recieving any signal, not sure what the problem is but been told it will work fine abroad once its unlocked!"

does anyone know if this sort of problem can be fixed so it works in the uk please as i,d love to upgrade from my 3G and this one is only £269 see alot of these phones for sale with no signal but no idea why or if they can be fixed

thanx for any help :)

One they are unlocked, they should be able to work just fine. But the biggest trouble is how to unlock them incase they are not on the right baseband? Some use gevey and some others use other available unlocking tools.

makes me wonder if its the IMEI is locked as vodafone is a uk company or so i thought, so why is it locked in the 1st place..my sim is vodafone anyway so shouldent have to unlock it should i ?

makes me wonder if its the IMEI is locked as vodafone is a uk company or so i thought, so why is it locked in the 1st place..my sim is vodafone anyway so shouldent have to unlock it should i ?

Yep, if your sim is vodafone and the iPhone is locked to vodafone I think that you do not need to unlock it before being able to use it. But maybe it's not a vodafone iPhone, or maybe it has esn on it or maybe it's black listed? If it's black listed by vodafone, you will be able to use it with another sim card, but it will require you to unlock the phone first, if it's esn by vodafone, then there is no much you can do about it other than finding the owner of the iPhone and have him get in touch with vodafone.