What's new

iPhone 4 movies not playing or bad audio

mxprokevin

Reaction score
I have a iPhone 4 with jailbroken 4.3.3 firmware using iTunes 10.2.2 64 bit. I have always used Leowo iPhone video convertor and has worked great to recently. I can not pin point the problem down to the convertor program since I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, nor itunes which i have done the same. The problem I'm having is the new movies that I am converting, they play perfectly in itunes but when synced to my phone or even ipad they either don't start (when you hit play it flashes the pause symbol then goes back to the play symbol, so doesn't start) or it starts but I get a hissing sound or a looping track effect (plays audio of the movie but keeps repeating itself over and over and over again) like its skipping on a cd. I have tried adding older movies and they work perfectly. This all seemed to happen around the time when they updated itunes and released the new firmware 4.3.2. Any ideas or has any one ran into this problem?

Been googling this all day. I had the same thing happen to me just this weekend (but it could have started much sooner). I recently upgraded to 4.3.3 from 4.3 so it's possible that's when this happened but I hadn't put any movies on my phone since the upgrade. So I ripped a few movies for a long flight only to get airborn and realize no audio...

I have a handful of movies pre-upgrade that I've ripped from my DVD collection and they still work fine, but any movie I added since seem to have the same issues you mention:
1) won't stay playing...press play, pause button shows up in play buttons place and play icon in status bar shows up but only for an instant. I've found that moving the video slider back to 0:00 and pressing play seems to get it playing but no audio
2) If I do get it to play I can either hear the fading in and out of white noise OR I get the "cd skip" effect you mentioned OR nothing but the video is crisp.

To be thorough i found the same effect on my wife's NON-JB'd ipad 2 (also at 4.3.3)

The movies play just fine in ITunes (mac and PC), WMP on her PC and even on her droid incredible.

Did you ever figure this out?

Thanks
-Steve