What's new

iphone 4s video problems

maddydog

Reaction score
Hi,

I've spent all day trying to convert AVI files (films) and put them on my iphone 4s to no avail!

So far I've tried: wondershare video converter; Aiseesoft iphone 4s movie converter; DVD to Ipad converter; Freemake video converter; Any video converter. This is the process I followed, did I miss something obvious?

1) run AVI file through each converter, I tried every output setting that seemed sensible.
2) in iTunes I 'added the file to the library'. Incidentally for each file I also ran 'Advanced' - 'create ipod or iphone version' thus creating 2 versions.
3) Individually, I dragged each file over to my iphone to copy the file. I then synched my Iphone and ejected it.
4) I then attempted to play through the video app. Out of 50+ file versions I received the message 'cannot play' every time bar one which played the movie but had major problems with audio and skipping.

The settings on the iphone are as I received them. My previous Touch worked perfectly using Any Video Converter until it died.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Hi,

Spent another fruitless day today. Installed various apps that claimed to play video files. Managed to get the files onto the iphone but they wouldn't play via the app.

Iphone getting returned tomorrow for a refund(it was only delivered on the 29th dec). I've had issues in the past with Nano's and a Touch but I really like Apple products. I'm done now though, I don't mind paying the premium price and can just about stomach iTunes but enough is enough.

you can try an app called goodplayer that may work but to be totally honest your better off with an android phone something a GS2. as i have both a 4s and GS2 and my GS2 plays everything i throw at it. avi,mpeg2,mpeg4,mkv etc.. just everything. not trying to be an iphone hater just trying help you is all. i gotta keep it real and call um like i see'um.

Hi phoneguy,

Thanks for your help. Goodplayer was one of the apps I tried but it didn't work. On further research I came to the same conclusion as you and Ive been looking at android phones since then.

Hi phoneguy,

Thanks for your help. Goodplayer was one of the apps I tried but it didn't work. On further research I came to the same conclusion as you and Ive been looking at android phones since then.
i just wanna say that i highly recommend the samsung galaxy S2. you will have zero problems playing any format with that phone. it's a total beast plus it has a bigger and better screen and better batt life. which is exactly what a person needs who watches alot of videos.

@op:

1) when you added the converted video to itunes library, did you check under Movies on your library if it was listed there?

2) if it was there, and itunes could play it, did you plug in your iphone, went to Movies on your iphone, and check tp see if Sync Movies is enabled, and the video you wanted to put on your iphone was selected?

I got my iphone 4s a few days ago, and had no problem converting (with freemake, including movies with subtitles), importing into itunes and uploading to the iphone.

Hi Laughing Man, I've just tried your method to the letter but still getting the 'cannot play' message on the iPhone when I try to play the movie. The films work fine in iTunes. Thanks anyway!

Thanks Phone Guy for you suggestion.

download VLC or movie player from the app store, if VLC is still in your country app store it should me free, as for movie player it's a shareware. Also if your iphone is JB you can get VLC from cydia. Those 2 apps are capable of playing any type of video file, you just need to drag and drop your video file into the iphone using itunes> apps> sharing apps/
This will save you wasting your time and trying to convert video files. VLC is the best, but movie player is an alternative if you don't have VLC.

i just wanna say that i highly recommend the samsung galaxy S2. you will have zero problems playing any format with that phone. it's a total beast plus it has a bigger and better screen and better batt life. which is exactly what a person needs who watches alot of videos.

Dude why are you on this forum every one of your posts you are talking S$$T about the iphone!!! We all know that the iphone is WAY better than any droid phone!!!

eddieg said:
Dude why are you on this forum every one of your posts you are talking S$$T about the iphone!!! We all know that the iphone is WAY better than any droid phone!!!

He is here because you guys keep replying and getting annoyed andhe gets a kick out of it