What's new

iPhone 4 keeps rebooting and crashing when kicked out of recovery

iNoPadd

Reaction score
Hi guys.

New to the forum... Im Max, 18 years old, and I live in the Netherlands.

I'm into the iPhone 3gs and iPhone 4 business.

I've got a little problem here..
I bought this iPhone 4 from a guy, who said he couldn't get the phone restored. Easy cake, in my oppinion.
But when I tried to restore it, it gives all kinds of " Blocked language " error messages etc... Looked it up, and even when thats fixed I keep getting other errors.
I figured out that the previous owner jailbroke it with greenpoison. When I try to re-jailbreak it with redsn0w it starts to display white text and scrolls rapidly, like usual.
But after about 2 seconds of scrolling, it crashes.... During the jailbreak... And then the Apple logo comes up, and gets stuck in a reboot-loop.
I made a quick shot of it, take a look:

I'm kinda stuck here. Tried everything I know of. Putting it in DFU, at one point I got the iPhone to say 'Connect to iTunes' logo. Then I get the 1611 error while restoring in iTunes.

Could someone perhaps help me out?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum fist off, It sounds like you got a really deal ( LOL ). I would just keep trying to restore it from fresh because it sounds like its bricked but the last time i said this it restored back to the original firmware. All you can do at this point is trying to restore it if it will let you, you might have a glitch in the software.

I don't know what the original firmware is... That's the problem isn't it. How do I restore it completely? Because even before iTunes can begin restoring it already reboots and it's back in the loop again..

Also, can't the technicians at the Apple store just force a new firmware on it? Or are they just using the same methods as I do...

I went to the Apple store today. All they could do is try to restore them. It would cost me 20 euros without a guaranteed working... $%#$ that..

But I do managed to attach the iPhone to a iPod display, and then the Connect to iTunes logo came up. But also the slide button came up... I just tried it here into my wall outlet, and the same thing happens.
So it does something,, I guess.Though when I deplug the iPhone it resets and im back in the same story.

Anyone?

Hmm well I guess I found the problem...

img0332l.jpg

It just barely held together when I opened the case. When I lifted the connector it broke...
Ordering a new one right now, see if that's the problem...

It's not the battery... I replaced it with my own battery, and it didn't work.
I discovered something else.
When I plug in the iphone, it will show me an apple logo. When I don't, it just goes black... Also when I try to 'Just boot it tethered', it gets to the pwn logo, and then just reboots...
I think this is because the iPhone has to run by itself without needing an external power source. Is this true? Because the pwn logo stays for a while, and then disappears. When I disconnect it right when I see the pineapple it also reboots, while redsn0w said 'Done'.

I think it's a hardware problem... But which part?

Anyone?

Nevermind. Fixed it.

Good day .. How did you fix it ? My phone is having the same issue. Plug into the computer ... I tunes logo and cable .. Try to do a reinstall of OS it starts and reboots. Go into DFU and I get error codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers - ANIM8R

hello i have the same problem to with my iphone 4 can u tell me how did u fix that my phone is doing sem things like yours keep restarting and i can't restore it from itunes please let me know have a nice day...
Nevermind. Fixed it.