What's new

Can not kick iphone out of recovery loop

Ha2oH

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a big problem and I hope someone can help me. I am looking through the web the last 2 days and probably read half google for help, but unfortunately I am more confused than helped now.

Following problem:
I bought a second hand sim-locked iphone. I restored it to 4.3.3 and used ultrasnow to unlock it, which did not work - so I used gevey, which finally worked back than. However the combination of gevey and ultrasnow drained my battery life and therefore I read in the internet that I just have to uninstall ultrasnow and problem is solved. After uninstalling ultrasnow my gevey sim unlock did not work - so I decided to restore the phone, jailbreak and then just use gevey (I thought that the uninstall of ultrasnow might confused the system or whatsoever and therefore gevey could not unlock).

So I restored to 4.3.3. and now i am stuck in the recovery loop. While restoring to 4.2.1 it says "iphone is not eligible for requested build" - even with changing the hosts file and by upgrading to 4.3.3. I get an 1013 error. With tiny umbrella i tried to fix the recovery in order to get out of the loop, which didn't work. Unfortunately I am not really a iphone nerd and therefore I did not save any shsh or whatsoever.

After reading many threads I thing that I the problem is that my baseband is to high (cause of ultrasnow). Is this right?

What can I do to use my phone again? I am confused and I am stuck in the recovery mode.

Thank you very much for your help.

cheers, Ha2oH

Last edited:
I found something new:

Can I just restore my iphone with itunes to 4.3.5 and then use wildra1n to jailbreak it and then unlock it with gevey?

I found something new:

Can I just restore my iphone with itunes to 4.3.5 and then use wildra1n to jailbreak it and then unlock it with gevey?

Yes you can do that, but use RedSnow to jailbreak it, I hope you already know that it's a tether jailbreak that you can get.

thanks a lot for your help.

next question:

after I have 4.3.5 jailbroken with redsnow - can I use fuzzyband to downgrade my baseband and then install 4.2.1 or 4.3.1 ?

thanks again for the quick reply

thanks a lot for your help.

next question:

after I have 4.3.5 jailbroken with redsnow - can I use fuzzyband to downgrade my baseband and then install 4.2.1 or 4.3.1 ?

thanks again for the quick reply

I don't think that you will be able to downgrade your iOS version, but you can always try.