What's new

iPhone 4 jailbreaking help

drewfus88

Reaction score
i have an iPhone4 with 5.0. i havent upgraded to 5.0.1 yet. i was wondering if i should upgrade before jailbreaking. and once i get to that point can i use the absinthe jailbreak? i really dont know much about this but definitely want to option to customize and tweak my iphone. so if someone could tell me where to go to find and download the jailbreak and what jailbreak to use and also what to do from that point i would really appreciate it. thank you very much

drewfus88 said:
i have an iPhone4 with 5.0. i havent upgraded to 5.0.1 yet. i was wondering if i should upgrade before jailbreaking. and once i get to that point can i use the absinthe jailbreak? i really dont know much about this but definitely want to option to customize and tweak my iphone. so if someone could tell me where to go to find and download the jailbreak and what jailbreak to use and also what to do from that point i would really appreciate it. thank you very much

Go to iclarified or ijailbreak.com

Theyve got everything u need.

I think there is a jb guide on this forum too.

In any case what ^ said.
You need to backup then restore to 5.0.1. After youve done that go dl absinthe, jb then restore. Voila theres ur jbken iDevice

You should upgrade now before iOS 5.1 shows up...upgrade your iPhone 4 to 5.0.1 and the use Redsnow to JB it...