What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak OFFICIAL How To

The pixelation I think is normal, I saw some of that long before the jailbreak. Thing is how often did you reboot your phone before? I have like 2 or 3 times in a month.

Just Jailbroken my UK iPhone 4, mine was a SIM free one from Apple :)

Incredibly easy to do.

Hmm now how to change that boring lock screen lol

lock screen? use winterboard and then you will find a tone of winterboard apps to change everything in cydia like the slide to unlock arrow and the wifi icon or carrier name, just type those key words into cydia once you install winterboard

Yeah I have winterboard installed but I would go as far to say that currently 80% of the winterboard apps/plugins aren't working.

:(

Early days I guess.

newbie to the jail break also!! one question before i give it a try.. What will happen to all my bought and paid for apps from apple?? can i still use them?

I attempted this on my itouch and it just froze safari, going to try it a few more times though.

I jailbroke my iphone 4 easily, but now I have three questions in case you or anyone else is so inclined to help:

1.- should I agree to the "ECID" prompted after Cydia loads?

2.- any ideas as to when MyWi will be available for the iphone 4 (the main reason for me to jailbreak)?

3.- why do every app I try to download give me an error message and is unable to download?

This is my second iPhone (iPhone 3G was my 1st) and my 1st time jailbreaking. So, I am new to this process and any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Just Jailbroken my UK iPhone 4, mine was a SIM free one from Apple :)

Incredibly easy to do.

Hmm now how to change that boring lock screen lol

lock screen? use winterboard and then you will find a tone of winterboard apps to change everything in cydia like the slide to unlock arrow and the wifi icon or carrier name, just type those key words into cydia once you install winterboard

Yeah I have winterboard installed but I would go as far to say that currently 80% of the winterboard apps/plugins aren't working.

:(

Early days I guess.

thats one of the cons of jailbreaking. with every new firmware every new device all the jb dont work until the dev makes updated versions. also i have not and will not bother to jb until next fw maybe might not jb at all...

newbie to the jail break also!! one question before i give it a try.. What will happen to all my bought and paid for apps from apple?? can i still use them?

yes you can still use them all it is doing is making the drive on the iphone rightable.

ok I got it to work it took a while like over 5 minutes to download but after that its easy :)

hi
i am new to this forum! so this is da jailbreak for iphone 4 !? great!

Worked like a charm on my itouch after about 4 or 5 tries, gunna try it on my iphone next most likely

Jailbroke but restored because one of the apps i use in cydia didnt install correctly and left my iphone 4 in safe mode, i tried uninstalling it many times but didnt work at all so i have restored and gonna try again, the app that did that to me was fiveirows, the five icon dock worked fine.

Jeeez talk about a disappointment. Hardly anything works, I get all kinds of fail messages I don't even know what they are all about. So far it has added about 0% coolness to my iphoning experience. I could go on but I gotta say it's a major mehhh atmo.

just jailbroke mine, i notice Cydia is really slow. Must be heavy traffic haha