What's new

iPhone 4 Jailbreak OFFICIAL How To

As I wrote above! There were two fixes for facetime, One was to Open Cydia and let it update itself as there was a update the next day, then reset your network settings and reboot, which worked for me.
The other If the first didnt work was to restore and re jailbreak.
Restore being to factory defaults "common knowledge" re-jailbreak "going to jailbreakme.com" and of course your going to restore a backup unless your gonna setup as a new phone??
Easy there armani22, no need to get all flustered. You need to read people's threads in more detail before you get your "panties in wad." Neither one of the solutions you offered worked for me. If the solution that worked for me in the end was "common knowledge," then I am glad I ran into someone on a different forum who had no issue sharing such knowledge as apparently you do. "Common knowledge" is just like "common sense," it would be great if all had it and put into practice, but not all do.
Good working on acquiring (some) common knowledge, now garner some wisdom and common sense and be a more helpful person.

Don't worry my panties are in tact LOL..
I still can't see how what you did, and what I posted previously differ?
You claim neither one of the solutions I offered worked for you. Then your stated fix IS one of the solutions I quoted???? Your restored your phone to Factory Default, Jailbroke again then restored your backup, This Is exactly what I said In short, Next time I will try to explain in more detail for the Simple Simons.....
And I hope everyone is getting there 4.0 / 4.01 SHSH files backed up to Cydia via Tiny Umbrella, This Is very Important as it has been with previous jailbreaks!
And dont worry Los If you dont know how I can explain to you In detail LOL...
Inaccurate. The two solutions you posted were the FaceTime fixes (which did not work for me), NOT the re-JB solution/steps. On re-JBing all you said was that was "common knowledge" and did not offer the steps initially. That is all I was trying to point out in my post, how I was able to fix my crashes FT. You and I just don't seem to convey our thoughts to each other well. In any case, thanks for your help and for toning down your "genius" so people who don't have your same level of expertise with iPhone 4 JBing can understand. Now, please reply with the steps to get our SHSH files backed up to Cydia via Tiny Umbrella as if you were explaining to a five year old. LOL!

I jailbroke my iP4 day before yesterday and and for a couple of days it worked great. I was able to use FaceTime on the 3G and used MyWi with no problems. Yesterday I noticed a missed FaceTime call from a buddy and decided to try him back, at which time FaceTime crashed. I tried a few things and finally ended up doing a restore. That fixed FaceTime, but since I did not do a proper backup for Cydia I didn't find it and figured I would JB again. jailbreakme.com seems to be down. Any one out there running into the same garbage?

I broke mine the day It came out. There was a issue with facetime on release, but was fixed within a day or so.
There were two fixes for facetime, One was to Open Cydia and let it update itself as there was a update the next day, then reset your network settings and reboot, which worked for me.
The other If the first didnt work was to restore and re jailbreak, I have not heard of any problems once that was solved.
So I have been jailbroken since about 2 hours after release with no problems, One thing I have noticed is that some packages are not updated to work on 4.0 or 4.01 yet so make sure or it will be a quick install and delete..
As of this 20 mins ago Jailbreakme.com is up and running as I just broke my brothers IP4 around 20 mins ago..
I have been Jailbreaking since the first Iphone and this is the most stable break with now no bugs, Pretty amazing.
And why would anyone worry about trying it as long as your phone is backed up, If for some reason you had a problem which I dont see happening, just restore the phone and your backup and you are right where you were...
One piece of advice Is that once FW 4.1 comes out which this jailbreak will not work with, you will have no way to jailbreak, so dont wait too long
as even if your on 4.01 or 4.0, once 4.1 is out you will no longer be able to jailbreak 4.0, 4.01 and restore back to It. you will only have the option to restore to 4.1 and a long wait for a jailbreak for that FW..
Armani22, I owe you an apologie. After going back on this forum I realized you had been kind enough to help me with a few pointers and I, for lack of experience on these forums, failed to notice your help. It now makes sense why you, understandably, were frustrated with me for bringing something up which you had already addressed.

Can you please explain the steps to take if my SHSH files are for 4.0.1 and I have to restore my phone after 4.1? Thanks!

hi i have one question about the sim card is that any difference in the size of the sim card
going in iphone4 or the same i mean after jailbreak my iphone 4 can i isert my tmobile sim card in my phone?

hi i have one question about the sim card is that any difference in the size of the sim card
going in iphone4 or the same i mean after jailbreak my iphone 4 can i isert my tmobile sim card in my phone?

yes it uses a micro sim its much smaller. you can use it, if you buy a sim cutter or cut the sim yourself.. my brother cut his himself and i sent mine away to be cut so id ont mess it up lol

I jailbroke my iP4 day before yesterday and and for a couple of days it worked great. I was able to use FaceTime on the 3G and used MyWi with no problems. Yesterday I noticed a missed FaceTime call from a buddy and decided to try him back, at which time FaceTime crashed. I tried a few things and finally ended up doing a restore. That fixed FaceTime, but since I did not do a proper backup for Cydia I didn't find it and figured I would JB again. jailbreakme.com seems to be down. Any one out there running into the same garbage?

I broke mine the day It came out. There was a issue with facetime on release, but was fixed within a day or so.
There were two fixes for facetime, One was to Open Cydia and let it update itself as there was a update the next day, then reset your network settings and reboot, which worked for me.
The other If the first didnt work was to restore and re jailbreak, I have not heard of any problems once that was solved.
So I have been jailbroken since about 2 hours after release with no problems, One thing I have noticed is that some packages are not updated to work on 4.0 or 4.01 yet so make sure or it will be a quick install and delete..
As of this 20 mins ago Jailbreakme.com is up and running as I just broke my brothers IP4 around 20 mins ago..
I have been Jailbreaking since the first Iphone and this is the most stable break with now no bugs, Pretty amazing.
And why would anyone worry about trying it as long as your phone is backed up, If for some reason you had a problem which I dont see happening, just restore the phone and your backup and you are right where you were...
One piece of advice Is that once FW 4.1 comes out which this jailbreak will not work with, you will have no way to jailbreak, so dont wait too long
as even if your on 4.01 or 4.0, once 4.1 is out you will no longer be able to jailbreak 4.0, 4.01 and restore back to It. you will only have the option to restore to 4.1 and a long wait for a jailbreak for that FW..
Armani22, I owe you an apologie. After going back on this forum I realized you had been kind enough to help me with a few pointers and I, for lack of experience on these forums, failed to notice your help. It now makes sense why you, understandably, were frustrated with me for bringing something up which you had already addressed.

Can you please explain the steps to take if my SHSH files are for 4.0.1 and I have to restore my phone after 4.1? Thanks!

No Problem, things do get mixed up in translation..
To backup your SHSH so that you can downgrade after a 4.1 update, which should be showing up soon, First go to this site

The Firmware Umbrella

on the right of the page there are the downloads, get the version for either mac or windows, download the file.
Go ahead and connect your iphone to your pc and start Tiny Umbrella, you will see on top it says save SHSH and that is all you need to click, you may have to do this more than once to get the files saved to Cydia, It may say SHSH file found and saved locally and sent to Cydia but pending, which means when you open Cydia on top It will say Pending which means your file is in a waiting list and Cydia will or should store it. You will know when it has been done when you open Cydia and it says this device has a 4.0 or 4.01 SHSH saved. So now If your unhappy with any future upgrade you can use Cydia to downgrade back to your original firmware.... within Tiny Umbrella there is a advanced tab, where you can use a pull down menu to change the Server from Cydia to Apple, I suggest that you save a copy of your SHSH to apples server just in case Cydia stops taking new files, An Apple Shsh save is not as easy to restore your phone as Cydia but you can still do it, and that is better than being stuck with nothing....
Hope This helps...

No Problem, things do get mixed up in translation..
To backup your SHSH so that you can downgrade after a 4.1 update, which should be showing up soon, First go to this site

The Firmware Umbrella

on the right of the page there are the downloads, get the version for either mac or windows, download the file.
Go ahead and connect your iphone to your pc and start Tiny Umbrella, you will see on top it says save SHSH and that is all you need to click, you may have to do this more than once to get the files saved to Cydia, It may say SHSH file found and saved locally and sent to Cydia but pending, which means when you open Cydia on top It will say Pending which means your file is in a waiting list and Cydia will or should store it. You will know when it has been done when you open Cydia and it says this device has a 4.0 or 4.01 SHSH saved. So now If your unhappy with any future upgrade you can use Cydia to downgrade back to your original firmware.... within Tiny Umbrella there is a advanced tab, where you can use a pull down menu to change the Server from Cydia to Apple, I suggest that you save a copy of your SHSH to apples server just in case Cydia stops taking new files, An Apple Shsh save is not as easy to restore your phone as Cydia but you can still do it, and that is better than being stuck with nothing....
Hope This helps...
Excellent, the only thing I have left to do of the steps you provided is to copy my SHSH to apple's server. Cydia does have my 4.01 file saved. Thanks a whole bunch for your help!

Well, just try to jailbreak my iPhone 4. I got an error saying that the installer crashed try it again but I keep getting the same message. Is jailbreakme.com still work?

Thx

Well, just try to jailbreak my iPhone 4. I got an error saying that the installer crashed try it again but I keep getting the same message. Is jailbreakme.com still work?

Thx

Actually right now it is down, but should be back up anytime now, though If you were getting to the installer crashed screen, the page was working at the time. That is typically an error you get when you try to jailbreak a jailbroken phone?
If not keep trying when the page is back up....
here are some tweets that show it went down over 12 hours ago and should be back up ...

comex

Jailbreakme was broken today because I fail at sysadminning. Should be up now or when caches expire. about 1 hour ago via web
<LI id=status_21330334569 class="hentry u-MuscleNerd status" jQuery1282023069222="26"> MuscleNerd
jailbreakme should be fixed by end of day. Meantime, use Umbrella http://is.gd/dGOMP to backup SHSHs for any new iPhones about 12 hours ago via web <LI class="hentry u-MuscleNerd status" jQuery1282023069222="26">

Thx

what firmware are you on? 4.0.2?

Thx

what firmware are you on? 4.0.2?

I am using firmware 4.0.1
Thx for the quick response. I'll keep on trying

I was able to jailbreak. My phone. The link is back working. Quick question, I install mywifi but I am unable to tether my iPad, do I need to jailbreak my iPad to?

Darn.. looks scary.. wots all this ? sorry I am new to iphone / jazzy gadgets in general. lol.